post regular fries mark breaks down

Mark keeps the package of his regular fries in the fridge to remind himself he wasn't dreaming.

The next morning Mark doesn't get to talk about the previous night because Donghyuck is a professional, despite his almost unbearable curiosity and fear of having a false hope. Though mostly it's due to how they don't get to talk a lot the next day because both of them meet a lot of people, talking about trash.

Or more specifically, the new trash processing building their company is building, the whole company has been hectic because of this large project. Mark uses 50% of his thinking capacity to think about Donghyuck and he started getting delusional somewhere along the way, but his brain is thankfully smart enough to multitask.

He tries to avoid Donghyuck's office because there will obviously only be him and Donghyuck whom he's fantasizing about there. So he busies himself with multiple errands that he foresees will be useful in the future that requires him to run around the 21 stories office. It's only possible since Donghyuck gives him so much freedom to work on his own and will only call Mark when Donghyuck needs him.

(Or just to help look for his flashdisk, sometimes. Their office is a shipwreck, more often than not. Old Man Han the janitor is the only other person with the privilege of seeing the interior of the 21st floor.)

It was tiring though, as expected. The lovesick secretary had been roaming around NCT out of the will not to meet Donghyuck, but patrolling around is exhausting. Especially when he has a godly memory.

"Mark, please look at this for a quick second. Is this coherent with the report from floor 5?" Jungwoo had asked him.

It's just a testament of how easily his colleagues would jump at the chance to rely on him. Mark adores Jungwoo, though, so he has the permit to be so blunt. Mark doesn't mind, he prefers that to asking him in a roundabout manner.

Now imagine being asked that on all 6 floors, though. The workers are all very capable but they're also very detailed and a pass from Mark guarantees it to be perfect. And Mark doesn't refuse it because he likes to be helpful and he wants to work to get his mind off his crush (boss) anyway.

Generally speaking, Mark is very hardworking. He likes the feeling of utilizing his capability to the limit. But today, he's really hit that limit, and it's not even 3 in the evening. He hasn't eaten yet either, because he tends to forget to eat and sleep while literally working.

On his way to the cafeteria at 3 PM, Mark bumps into Taeyong, the mom of the company heads.

"You look unwell, Mark. Are you sick? You should probably take a rest."

Mark shakes his head, because no matter what happens in his love life, he is first and foremost a workaholic.

He had forgotten about Donghyuck until the man in question posts a selfie in the Empathy group to answer Doyoung's question of where he is.

"It's okay, Hyung. I'm just overthinking."

"Did you eat yet?"

"I'm going to."

Taeyong eyes him and announces that he will tag along. Mark knows it wasn't a request so he just proceeds. Taeyong, as the marketing manager, does his job very well. While he's normally very cute, he could be persuasive and intimidating.

He's perfect for his job because his visuals already sell everything, but he really works hard and even beyond his division, like these days, he's been the one who researches which companies are good to file proposals to lend them money for the new building.

(Donghyuck had picked him and a few other good-looking people solely based on his face and although the others are reluctant to admit it, visuals sell better than skills sometimes.)