commence operation !!!

Thanks to his rush hours earlier, Mark's work is all done and he could eat his kimbap while brooding in peace. While he chews on it, he eyes the dimension around him.

The workroom is honestly like an apartment room with a larger work space. He and Donghyuck sometimes spent the night on the twin beds kept there when work is really hectic. They also have adequate provisional resources, Donghyuck keeps a stack of ramyun in the kitchenette, but Mark can never touch the kitchen. It's a rule they've established since they were roommates in high school. They'd fought about it at first.

"I don't want you to burn the office, Mark."

"That toast thing was one time, Donghyuck."

"And has your cooking skill improved now?" Donghyuck had asked him with sharp eyes, and if anyone sees them without listening to the conversation would think it's a serious matter at work because they're discussing this with great will to defend their opinions.

Mark had liked to think that he can cook instant ramyun while Donghyuck hadn't, however,

"I, I can try," he had wavered then.

"You're the secretary, Mark. You can make your underlings make you ramyun." Donghyuck nagged him and frankly, Mark hadn't won over him verbally once (not many has, in his defence). He really wants to one day, but that wasn't his day.

Mark had sulked even if Donghyuck had cooked jjapaghetti for him then. A boss doesn't usually do that but Mark was very spoiled and he thinks Donghyuck cooking is normal.

Mark had a kaleidoscope of it on the next day, which happens to be Saturday.  He almost went to work.

"Wait, y'all haven't had Donghyuck cook for you?" Mark had asked incredulously in the canteen when he was with some of the 127 squad.

"Are you nuts, Mark?" Johnny had remarked.

"He just cooks often and I thought-"

"Which boss cooks for their employees, even if there's a kitchen in their room? I think you're too used to your weird relationship with Donghyuck that you forget he's a proper and decent boss outside the haven of your workroom." Doyoung had mocked him.

Mark was blushing when Jaehyun patted his shoulder. "Well, he isn't very conventional sometimes and I know you've been rooming together that he cooked for you, but I think you still need to appreciate his cooking."

Mark had listened to them and faced Donghyuck with reluctance, that day ended with a (bro) hug.

They don't actually fight that often, contrary to what people think, and it's not only because Mark is just his secretary (at this point, their positions don't even matter anymore. Mark calls Donghyuck names sometimes while arguing.) A fortune teller once told them when Donghyuck gets them on a date (Donghyuck's word, not Mark's) on high school, that the pair had a very good synergy. 

Mark remembers how Donghyuck's eyes were sparkling and he smiled so beautifully. It was that day Mark starts to have a seedling of feeling for Donghyuck, but it was only really cultivated since they're working together. Or more specifically, after their first and last real fight since they'd worked together.

It comes almost as a shock to everyone that a recycling company which should be a loss-making business such as NCT is becoming one of the nation's most renowned factory as well as brand and feeding almost a thousand workers.

Mark believes, other than their work ethic and developed technology (Jaemin is unbelievably smart in spite of his usual drunken-like behaviour), it's all owing to Donghyuck and a few of their colleagues' bright mind that signed a contract with Star Museum Entertainment. The oldest, most powerful of its kind, led by Lee Soo Man who's now Donghyuck's drinking friend.