best markhyuck fics start with irene

"Neo Culture Technology is a recycling corporation that's different from the others. They process your trash into something you probably don't realize that it exists. Like the tip of your shoe, or the plastic on your car wiper," said Irene, smiling and pointing to Shoopen and Hyundai logos.

"Make a healthy environment by using recycled plastic by NCT!" The visual of the country from Red Velvet said to the camera.

"OKAY CUTTTT!" Irene almost stumbles across her steps when Donghyuck Lee excitedly screams like he isn't the actual president of NCT himself. "Thank you, Baek Joohyun-sshi! You look wonderful on the camera!"

"Yes, I enjoyed it, Donghyuck-sshi. Thank you for purposely coming for the shoot." The idol bows and smiles before she takes the extended hand of the older male, slightly shook when he shakes it with profound energy. Before she could retract her hand, though, another man had already slapped Donghyuck's arm. The CEO was wailing and poor Irene has to process the maelstrom while maintaining her polite smile.

"I'm sorry, Irene-sshi, he's just excited." The other male winces, Irene tries to look for a name tag but she doesn't find it. "Thank you so much for taking the time to shoot this CV for us."

Irene shakes the other male's hand as well, but Donghyuck notices that she's just acting on autopilot.

"This is Mark, my secretary. Mark, how can you forget your manners?" Donghyuck introduces him, making Mark muttering an apology in a flustered manner. But if Irene is being honest, she doesn't really think of it. She just calmly watches as the boss and his secretary are bickering among themselves.

Thankfully, her manager comes to her to fetch her, but Donghyuck promptly takes the manager's hand, to Irene and said manager's horror.

"Why don't you two go out with us for dinner? There's a hotpot restaurant nearby." Donghyuck says, and normally, it's really hard to say no to such a big shot. Irene is still rather conflicted, though, as she knows that there are multiple con CEOs who would drug idols to sleep with them. It's sadly a well-known fact in the k-pop industry.

And honestly, even if the one in front of her introduces himself as the boss of the company she's advertising, Irene has a hard time believing that. The reasons being : one, that he looks too young and energetic to be a company's founder. The second, Irene couldn't believe there isn't an ulterior motive for such a big person to come personally to a mere commercial shoot. Three, it's not a reason, Irene just wants to go home so that she can sleep.

So she politely refuses, excusing herself and telling him that she isn't too well. Both men don't look insincere when they asked about her condition worriedly, but she quickly brushes them off and go home with the manager. On her way home, she calls one of her close seniors in SNSD, the call fortunately gets answered after a few rings.

"Taeyeon-sunbaenim? It's me."

"Ah, hi Joohyun-ah! What's up?"

"You filmed the CV for NCT's plastic too, didn't you?" Irene didn't beat around the bushes and asks directly.

"Oh, yes, we did. Right, you're filming it too, aren't you?"

"Yeah. So, is the CEO like, really young?"

"Yeah, I think he's around my age, even. What's up?"

She whispers carefully, looking around her just to make sure. "I think I was probably being conned." Her manager looks disapprovingly at her.

At this, Taeyeon's voice raises. "What?! What happened to you, baby? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, he and his secretary, I think? They were asking me and my manager out on a dinner."