iii

"hey, nain. would you cover my night shift tonight? i have an emergency-" says hayeon on the phone but i cut her off.

"what kind of emergency?"

"emergency... something? but its very very very important. please?"

"nothing comes free in this life, hayeon."

she sighed, "okay i'll pay you back. how much do you want, twice?"

"no, thrice."

she gasped, "are you kidding me? okay then, twice and i'll treat you on that famous sushi restaurant. deal?"

"okay, deal."

so here i am. squatting behind the cashier, feeling lonely as ever. its 11.34pm. im exhausted, all i wanted to do is sleep.

sleep was almost got into me when i heard a knocking sound from the desk. i stood up and freeze.

no way, kim mingyu? again?

i hope he didnt remember me just like riel said.

i murmured a very small 'sorry' but audible enough for him to hear. he nodded as he took a closer look onto my face.

"do i know you?"

oh my god, here we go.

i shake my head, "i dont think so?"

he nodded. oh god, why the heck he buys so much stuff? can he just walk out from here already?

"wait, youre that bookstore girl, right? the one who told me to wear an afro wig and a fake mustache?"

words he said sends shivers down my spine. i dont know how to react so i just rushly put his stuff into the plastic bag. he laugh looking at my reaction.

"that would be 8000 won." i said handed 2 huge plastic bag to him. he took out bills from his wallet and handed it to me, "keep the change."

but instead of walking out from the store, he walk over the chairs in front of the store and took out some snacks from the bag before ripped them open.

screw you, hayeon. i will make you pay thrice for this.

"you wanna join? you seems pretty lonely there." he said as he stuffed foods in to his mouth, chewing with his mouth open.

i send a quick no. but after a couple minutes, sleep starts gotten into me so i decided to walk over him. i was sleepy, okay? and bored as hell. what if i fell asleep in the store and a thief suddenly break in?

"look who's decided to join me." he smirks. oh god, how could a human be this.. attractive?

"im bored, thats all." i scanned him, and i swear to god this guy is very very tall. i mean, i always knew how tall he is but i never seen him in person. i never expected that he could be THIS tall. this is so unfair for a short person like me.

"talk to me so i wont get sleepy." i said.

"what did i supposed to talk about?"

"how did you get here? your dorm is like, an hour away from here."

he suddenly stopped eating. "okay, the fact that you know where my dorm is, is a bit scary. but today's my day off, im exploring the whole seoul today."

"wait- no. dont get me wrong. i was a trainee at pledis and i used to live at the dorm. thats why i know where it is." and i continue "im not a stalker, nor a sasaeng. please dont get me wrong."

he chuckled. "WAS a traine? you quit?"

i nodded.

"why?"