《1》

Your P.O.V

"I now present to you, the Jury of Nine." Pryer announced. His voice was nothing like his normal one, he had no 'I'm better than you tone' and no 'do what I say' tone. I'd bet that's because his Dad, Damion, is standing only afew feet away next to one of the giant pillars that hold up the very large ceiling. And the fact that the King was sitting on his throne in front of all of us.

"Theres only seven of them." Garte, the King, said bluntly.

He didn't look amused as Pryer spoke and he definitely didn't look very happy to be here. Garte leaned his cheek on his fist staring at Pryer and not seeming to notice any of the the Jury members that were standing in a line infront of him. His wife, Zianna, wasn't sitting in her throne like her husband was. She was standing to the side next to an open hallway instead. She looked out at us all thoughtfully unlike anyone had since we had entered the castle.

"We are still looking for two people who fit the best requirements to place in the Jury." Pryer said slightly hesitant.

"I want to sit down." Katelyn whispered to me as she started to bend her knees.

"Do not sit down." Jeffory, who was on the other side of her, whisper yelled.

"My legs hurt." Katelyn whisper yelled back turning towards Jeffory.

I only met the other Jurers afew hours ago and I already know which ones will actually talk to me. Janus and Ivan seem to be too good for everyone else. Ivy and Lillian are a hit or miss while Jeffory and Katelyn will talk like normal people.

"Garroth Ro'meave go back to your room and put your pants on." Zianna hissed. We all turned to look at her. She was clearly trying to be quiet but had failed miserably.

When I looked away from Katelyn I saw that Zianna was turned towards the hallway. When she turned back she crossed her arms over her chest. Everyones attention seemed to have been turned towards Zianna in that moment.

"I didn't know there were people here." Everyone herd Garroth's voice coming from the hallway as he walked out of sight, and then everyone in the room was silent for a moment.

"I apologise for my son, he seems to think he can do anything he wants since he turned 18." Garte announced. He then made a hand motion, wanting Pryer to keep talking.

"I was hoping we could get a news letter announcing the Jurers sent out before the Jury of Nine is full. This way the news of a group being put together might reach farther regions like Gul'rak." Pryer continued.

"I see no reason to disregard your request." Garte said after having paused for one short moment.

Everyone's eyes were glued on the King as he talked, but I looked away. I stared at Zianna who kept her eyes forward looking over everyone, and at her son who stood next to her clearly waiting for a moment where he could say something to his mother. Garroth wore a white button down shirt with black pants. He was looking down at his wrist as he cuffed his shirt sleave. His blond hair fell down not touching his forehead as he looked down, when he looked back up he moved his head in a way that made his hair flip to the side. He looked out over everyone standing in the room and stared at me for a moment before he looked away.

                                ●●●

"Why do you think there are only 7 of us." Katelyn asked to no one in particular.

We all sat in the small living space in the uper half of the building. The Jury of Nine building has three floors, the entrance floor that you have to go underground outside to get to, the second floor which consists of Pryers office along with Ivan and Janus's rooms, the third floor contained everyone elses rooms. Everyone was sitting on the first floor where there was two measly couches and a sad looking fridge.