s e v e n

{_____}

I woke up with a sudden jolt and a horrible pain in my head, back and torso. Everything around me was freezing cold, I must have been outside. Why would I be outsi— oh. Last night. That would explain the pain too, then.

I couldn't remember exactly what happened last night, but I did remember that this particular transformation was really bad. Remus couldn't control himself as much as usual.

But I couldn't think about that right now; my head was hammering, my legs felt like jelly, my palms were sweaty even though I'm freezing cold, and I had no clue where the others were.

I tried standing up, but failed horribly, falling back onto a tree.

"Y/N!"

My name? Who called out for me? I turned around, trying to see anyone, but no one was there.

"Y/N! WHERE ARE YOU!?"

The voice sounded shaky and panicked.

"I'm here!!!" I tried to call out, but my voice wasn't working properly. I could only just hear my own words.

"Y/N!" This time the voice was closer, getting shakier and more panicked by the second.

Seeing as I couldn't call back, I picked up a close by broken tree branch and started hitting it against the tree I was leaning on. Suddenly, I heard footsteps! Oh, thank Merlin.

I saw, in the distance, three people. One of them was the one shouting out for me, and one of them was carrying the last. But then, there were more footsteps coming from the other side. I turned my head, and dropped the branch. There he was.

That same guy that tried to take me the other night.

The other three people spotted me, and the one not holding the other person ran to me. I recognised it as three boys; James (running towards me), Sirius, and Remus (being held up by Sirius).

James got to my side, and cupped my face.

"Oh, thank Merlin, thank Merlin, thank Merlin!" he babbled, checking every part of my face for injury.

I tried at a smile, but then remembered the man from before. I looked over to where I saw him, and only saw the snow and the trees. Sirius and Remus made it over to us, Sirius almost falling on his way over. Remus wasn't awake, it must've been a really rough night for him. He'd gotten a new scratch across his collar, going from the bottom of his neck to the opposite side of his chest, going down across his collarbones.

I looked back to James, who was now checking my arms for anything. There was a pretty bad scratch across it, but not too deep. James looked back up into my eyes. Not knowing what else to do, I laughed? Not like a big laugh, more like a sort of chuckle. James looked confused, but smiled ever so slightly from hearing my laugh again.

"Sorry, sorry, this isn't funny, I know." My voice came out as only a whisper.

"It's ok," James whispered back. "It's ok." he repeated.

"Remus?" Sirius asked the boy in his arms, who was now waking up a little. "Remus, wake up, c'mon, wakey wakey."

Remus opened his eyes slowly, and looked around at his surroundings. His eyes landed on m—

"Oh, Merlin, Y/N, I'm so, so, so, so, so sorry, I swear I didn't mean to! I'm so sorr—"

"Remus." My voice had almost come back properly now, just croaky and a bit quiet.

"Yeah?"

"Shut up," I reassured.

Remus smiled.

"Alright, c'mon, guys, we've gotta get back." James picked me up piggyback style, and started walking back up with me. I put my arms around his shoulders, my legs around his torso.