☆ two

Beer was quickly distributed amongst the group with Maisie taking a seat on the bow of the boat with Kie; Pope taking turns steering with John B

The two girls giggled and danced with each other, beer flowing through their bodies in a therapeutic way as the three boys watched on with deep smiles.
Life seemed to be perfect in Maisie's eyes and she knew that this was where she was meant to be and that she was with who she was destined to be with.

It was fate.

"Let me show you a little party trick" JJ said to the group as he pushed past the two girls to stand atop the bow of the boat, beer in hand.
Maisie turned around to watch him for a few seconds but once she began squinting at the harsh sun beams that were burning her eyes, she turned back around to look at Kie, subsequently rolling her eyes.

"Terrifying" Kie giggled at the statement which caused Pope to let out a strained laugh as he watched at the tan girl.

"Hey Pope, can you go a little faster please?" JJ asked the boy which in turn caused John B to let out a 'here we go' as he quickly moved to the hull; taking a seat, trying to get as far away from JJ as possible.

Pope picked up the speed but not before voicing his doubts that JJ would be able to do his trick seeing as it had been nearly the 6,000th time he'd tried to do it and failed. JJ poured the beer just in front of his mouth trying to drink it as the wind blew it all over the boat. The group let out groans of annoyance and laughed at the attempt that always seemed to get the same results.

"Oh my god, you're getting beer in my hair!" Kie said frustrated as she tuned to block herself from the oncoming beer shower, John B and Pope just shaking their heads at yet another failed attempt.

Maisie yelled in shock as the cold liquid splashed onto her face, almost as though JJ had meant to get it all over her.
"JJ stop it!" She yelped as she smacked his calf already beginning to feel sticky and gross.

"Alright, you're done" John B groaned as he shook his head at the blonde boy, sick of the "party trick" and being covered in alcohol within the first minute. But JJ didn't let up, the boy kept pouring his beer till it was nearly empty resulting in cries of frustration leaving the others.

Being fed up with the feeling of beer all over her body, Maisie got up onto the bow and attempted to swipe the bottle out of JJ's grip but was cut short by the boat hitting something in the water and coming to a sudden stop, which flung both JJ and Maisie into the marsh abruptly.

Water suddenly filled Maisie's vision as her eyes widened from the shock of the impact, slightly confused of her whereabouts due to the quick accident. Kicking her feet the girl slowly broke the surface of the water gasping for much needed air, as she looked onto the boat to see the group moaning in pain.

"Holy shit" She breathed out as she took some time to collect herself, her back sore from it slapping the water first. Looking over she saw JJ floating on his back letting out an exasperated breath, still holding his beer. Typical.