☆ three

After trying to declare the sunken Grady White to the authorities fell through, the group arrived at the rather derelict seaside hotel where the mysterious keys were from, and decided to have a snoop around

"I thought The Château looked bad" JJ whistled as his eyes set upon the hotel.

"This is a shitshow" John B replied chuckling, as he steered the HMS Pogue towards the bank where they were planning to get off.

Maisie's eyes scanned the area quickly, trying to take in the place and how horrible it looked. The girl understood that a hurricane had blown through the place hence why it was damaged but it must've been a gross place anyway for it to look this rough. She sighed audibly catching Kie's attention as the two girls shook their heads knowing this most likely wasn't going to end well.

"This doesn't look like the place somebody with a Grady White stays" John B said with raised eyebrows, clearly noting the atrocity of the joint.

"More like the place where someone with a Grady White would be slaughtered and sold on the black market" Maisie chuckled, earning weirded out expressions from John B, Kie and JJ; but Pope simply gave the girl a proud high five. He was the only one who got her humour sometimes.

As the boat docked and JJ tied a safety rope around a nearby pole to keep it in place, John B quickly disembarked the vessel. But this caused Maisie to shake her head at the fact that the two biggest troublemakers on The Cut were going to be going off alone, to possibly create more problems than solve. So the girl proceeded to jump off the boat next to the pair, earning confused glances from all round.

"Maisie wha-" Pope started, but was cut off by the girl holding a hand up to his face jokingly.

"I'm not letting these two dorks run a muck around this place without proper supervision" she smiled, looking at everyone individually, with the majority seeming to agree; but of course there was always one disagreement.

"Look Mai, no. Stay here it's safer okay?" JJ sighed as he gestured toward the boat with an exhausted expression, which only resulted in Maisie rolling her eyes at his protectiveness. The girl knew that JJ meant well and that he knew she was more than capable of protecting herself but it was just that brotherly love that sent him into protective mode. Or at least that's what she believed it to be.

"Look I'll be fine okay, J. Plus I'll be with you" she smiled as she patted the boys chest firmly, walking towards the hotel's staircase.
"You two coming or what?"

John B and JJ quickly jogged to catch up to the girl, with the latter grumbling under his breath about Maisie 'never listening' as they climbed the short staircase. But the boy quickly changed his tune when he remembered how concerned Kie looked when John B was leaving.

"When are you gonna swoop on that man?" JJ said to John B as the trio walked toward the hotel room that the key belonged to quickly, Maisie rolling her eyes yet again. The girl was sure that if she did it any more they would roll straight out of her head.

"Bro you know the rule!" John B fired back, already sick of where the conversation was going, something Maisie was thankful for due to the fact she didn't need to hear them talk about Kie like that.
"No Pogue-on-Pogue macking"

Maisie grumbled under her breath at the same time that John B had said it; hating that stupid rule altogether. She knew it was for the reasoning of boosting their chances of getting out of this area and to earn money but she liked it here and she liked the people. Sure some of the Tourons were hot but they got gobbled up by the Kooks or the hot Pogues whenever they had a kegger at The Boneyard. Meaning Maisie was always left sitting by herself watching all her friends get with people.

Trying to zone the boys out Maisie looked around as she trailed behind them. But nothing was interesting at all here, it was just simply a boring and very meth-head hotel. Fun.
But her wandering attention was snapped back once she heard JJ talking about how hot Kie was.

"I know that doors locked cause I've tried it, have you?"

Maisie let out a light scoff at the whole conversation, John B complaining about how JJ would try to get with any girl with two legs and a heartbeat. A spark of jealously ignited in the small girl; of course they thought Kie was hot, she was a literal walking goddess. Maisie just wondered if they spoke about her like that, more specifically JJ. But hearing the small noise behind them, the boys spun around slightly surprised because they had completely forgotten Maisie was with them at all.

"Gross" Maisie replied as she crossed her arms, looking out to the water with her heart pounding; trying to pretend she didn't care. JJ simply rolled his eyes, scoffing back at her sarcastically.

"What's so gross? A guys got needs!" He shrugged running a hand loosely through his hair, something that didn't go unnoticed by the small blonde girl.
"Plus you don't have to worry you're like a sister to me!"

Maisie's heart shuddered at the statement, her arms falling to her sides. The girl knew exactly why she was so affected by his words; she liked him. And she had since high school, but because Maisie knew JJ only liked her as a friend she completely bottled up her emotions, pretending that they were simply good friends and nothing more. So she quickly began to backtrack, letting out a light laugh and nodding to JJ as she stepped around him toward John B; a fake smile plastered on her lips.

_______
A/N
Wow hi guys,
I hope you enjoy pls vote and comment so I know if y'all are enjoying the book or not eeek
Thanku for reading !!