☆ seven

After arriving home rather late after the eventful kegger, Maisie wanted nothing more than to sleep in and have maybe some greasy bacon for breakfast, but the girl was unfortunately called out early to a mandatory meeting with her favourit...

       After arriving home rather late after the eventful kegger, Maisie wanted nothing more than to sleep in and have maybe some greasy bacon for breakfast, but the girl was unfortunately called out early to a mandatory meeting with her favourite Pogues at The Château.

After leaving a rushed note addressed to her Father on their fridge when Maisie realised he was still asleep, the girl tip-toed out the front door and hopped onto her bike peddling as quickly as she could towards John B's home. The wind blew her blonde hair behind her, as a calm breath passed by her lips with her mind trying its hardest to relax. Maisie had a vivid dream the night before of herself completely punching Topper senseless which was something she was extremely excited to relay to her friends, knowing they would get at least a chuckle from her dream. But once she dismounted her bike at The Château, all happiness drained from her eyes once she felt the tension exhuming from her friend group.

"Hey, guys?"

All eyes quickly landed on the cautious Maisie, as the girl ran her hand through her windswept and tangled hair. The tension and frustration was clear amongst the group, Maisie feeling quite left out and awkward. "What'd I miss?"

Without even missing a beat both JJ and John B began talking rather loud and fast at the same time, both extremely frustrated. Maisie flicked her eyes to look at Kie who had a grim smile on her face, clearly fed up with the pair of troublemakers. Maisie held up her hands after the chatter kept going, looking at John B to speak for himself. Something which caused JJ to let out an exasperated groan, as he walked over to the edge of the porch where the others were seated.

John B gave the blonde boy a look as he began speaking, before turning to face Maisie who had barely walked away from her bike. "I'm calling off the search. Something that JJ thinks is stupid to do"

"Yes!" JJ counterattacked quickly, throwing his arms out in a frustrated manner, wanting to strangle his friend till he got some sense in him.

Maisie furrowed her eyebrows at what she was hearing, but after John B explained further what had happened in the morning with Peterkin, the girl scratched her cheek in thought. She could see where the boy was coming from; potential protection from CPS, and the opportunity to stay here? It sounded like a no-brainer. But on the other hand she had to agree with JJ, Peterkin was a cop and around here they lied; a lot, so it seemed like a double edged sword in Maisie's eyes.

"Look" the girl began, feeling all eyes on her as she stepped up to the porch, leaning against a beam. "I understand where you're coming from, but I'm not sure we can entirely trust them?" Maisie gave John B a soft look as she crossed her arms across her chest, hating the look the boy had on his face, but after JJ let out an aggressive "thank you" at the brown haired boy, Maisie continued; but not after shooting JJ a look. "But I want to trust you. So if you want to trust Peterkin and stop searching we can do that for a few days".

The Pogues looked from Maisie to John B quickly, as though to gather the pair's reactions to what the other was saying, but it was quickly followed by a scoff coming from none other than JJ Maybank.