Chapter 1- Goodbye Father

Hello!
Ever wondered what you're life could be inside the world of Netflix Outer Banks, well here's a pretty awesome idea.
Hope you enjoy!!

Chapter 1 -

It was just another ordinary day, I'd woken up around nine-ish, headed into town to collect some groceries and was now walking along the path back home when I hear a commotion coming from the rivers edge. A large group of people were gathering, some crying, others yelling. I place the groceries in the basket on my quaint bike and rush over to see what all the fuss is about.

Before I can make it through the crowd there's the sound of a police officer asking everyone to stand back, and then I hear the cry of a woman, my mother. I finally push through and see a man sprawled out of a stretcher, eyes closed, his completion is too blue! My mother spots me and pulls me into a tight hug just as a wave of realisation washes over me. Hot tears roll down my cheeks and I cry into your mother's arms.
"W-what happened?" I splutter though deep breaths.
"They found him this morning, he must have drowned over night"
"But why was he out int he storm" I cry,
"He was still looking for that god- damn gold" she whispered " you mustn't say anything."

My mother begs me to return home while she accompanies Scooter to the hospital. She leaves with the officers as the crowd disperses. Slowly I push my bike home, too upset to ride as I can barley see through the haze of tears. I didn't know much about my fathers treasure hunt, only that he and a few close friends had been trying to locate the missing gold from the famous Royal Merchant shipwreck. I told myself that the storm that howled through town last night must have capsized the boat drowning my father. The same thing had happened to a boy named John B except they never found his fathers body.

It was getting late and my mother still hadn't returned home, until this morning I had planned to attend a party at the beach but now I didn't feel as though I could move from the sofa- the pain had numbed me through! Instead I open dads liquor cabinet and take out a half full bottle of whiskey. After times got hard I promised my parents I wouldn't drink and party like I used to, but tonight was different. I begin to take large mouthfuls of the bitter drink feeling my cheeks flush and my heartbeat quickening.

Before long the bottle is empty yet I still crave more to numb the pain. The party! I don't bother to change out of my worn jeans and white T. It's dark but the moon is peeping from behind a thin vail of cloud above as my feet finally reach the cold sand. I spot the divide between the Pogues and the Kook's, I stand for a moment not sure where entirely you belong. I look about spotting Rafe surrounded by his friends and as he looks up we catch eyes. He grins and walks over, a bottle of expensive liquor in his hand.
"Didn't think we'd be seeing you tonight" he said softly,
"Well I'm never one to miss a party" I say listlessly,
"Here you look like you could do with another" he says pouring me a drink, gladly I take it and before I know it the world around me is spinning, the music in my ears is loud and I'm dancing in a less tasteful way then I probably should have been against Rafes' swaying body.

I find myself kissing Rafe when there's a sudden commotion. A fight has broken out between Rafes friend Topper and the boy John B. Rafe rushes over to help and the fight escalates. Suddenly a blonde haired boy, JJ pulls out a gun to threaten Topper. The surrounding crown backs away fearful of what the boy may do. Feeling overly confident and having taken a few martial art classes I rushed over cockily.
"Hey asshole!" I yell, he looks up bewildered by my sudden serge of confidence. Without saying another word I smack the gun from his hand. JJ stands motionless, I hear a few faint laughs from Kooks, I look icily at JJ for a second before bending over to Topper  "stop being a prick" I say picking up the gun and walking off. There's a moments silence before people begin to dip or return to the drinking and chatting.
"Hey that was totally badass" says Rafe rushing to my side.
"Shut up" I say. Fuelled with anger and desperation I grab his face kissing him, any feelings I might have had for him were long gone and what happened next was purely because I was beyond wasted and still heartbroken over my father.

Hope you enjoyed this first chapter, don't forget to leave a like and a comment of what you thought!!