Chapter 2- All Aboard

Hope everyone is staying safe and well xx

Chapter 2 -

I wake to the blinding sun falling across your face, it's 9:30 I roll over to find a snoring Rafe beside me and groan regretfully. Standing slowly I pull on my hoodie from the floor head pounding, an overwhelming need to vomit occurs and I rush to the toilet. The house is quiet Mr and Mrs Cameron must be out, Sarah is at Toppers and Wheezie is still sleeping. I take an aspirin from the cupboard and head home. My phone is filled with a thousand and one messages from your mother, I text her back so she stops worrying.

A few days later

It was another warm and sunny day so I take a walk along the banks. Strangely it's the only place I feel peaceful. The way the sun reflects on the water making it look like a river of gold. Soon I tire and decide to head home in time for Harry Wines 6 o'clock show.

As I arrive home I see an unfamiliar boat bobbing at the end of our pier, suddenly I spot two figures hiding outside the house. It's John B and JJ. I'm about to ask them what they're doing sneaking about my house when I hear a shrill cry and the sound of smashing glass. I rush to enter my house when John B grabs me pulling me out of sight.
"What the fu-" John covers my mouth.
"Shhhhh" he whispers placing a finger over his lips. I nod responsibly as the sound of men shouting occurred. The three of us watch as the men drive off before I race into the house.

I find my mum in tears on the bathroom floor, smashed pictures and plates litter the floor.
"Mrs Grubbs please can you tell us what you know" asks John B kneeling down to help her.
"No no you must leave" she cries, John B reaches into his pocket pulling out an old compass,
"Please can you tell me about this?" He begs,
"Hey man we shouldn't be here" says JJ from the doorway,
"What are you guys talking about?" I ask cluelessly,
"No no please just go" repeats my mother hysterically.

Both the boys stand to leave giving me a nod.
"Wait JJ" I say rushing into my room "here it looks like you guys need this more than I do" I say handing him the gun I had taken.
"Thanks, oh and um quiet a right hook you've got there" he smirked before joining John B outside.

I aid my mother to her room where she sleeps after informing me the men were looking for the compass John B had and information on the treasure. I begin to tidy the house but half way through I get the need for more answers. And so I head for John B's.

His house is only about a ten minutes walk from mine and upon arriving I hear a commotion inside. I call John's name and he and the rest of his friends JJ, Pope and Kiara.
"Sophie"
"Where did you find that compass?" I asked straight.
"We just found it" murmured Pope,
"Please just tell me the truth"
"We found it on your dads boat" says JJ, the other scowl at him briefly.
"Look whatever you're doing I want in"
"We're not doing anything" says Kiara,
"Look if my father wasn't dead you wouldn't have that compass, you're looking for the gold aren't you?"
They all stood silently looking at one another when a car pulls up outside a mans voice shouts something inaudible.
"Quick into the office" commands John B.

We all pile into the messy office as the men's heavy footsteps enter the house.
"Shit what do we do?" Pope said frantically,
"Shhh" whispered Kiara passing him a knife to cut open the sealed windows.
"Hey I have an idea" I say to John B "you can trust me, let me prove it to you, all of you"
"Okay" agreed John B. "What's the plan?"

Read ahead to find out what happens next...