Chapter 5- Figure Eight

🤙🏼🤙🏼🤙🏼

Chapter 5-

I was awoken by the sound of voice the next morning I look over to see Kiara stirring in the couch next to me the three boys standing above us hand on their hips with child-like expressions on there faces.
"Aww look our sleeping beauties are awake" grinned John B
"Ugh go away it's too early" I moan. Neither Kiara or I move the grip of sleep still clutching us.
"Come ok we've got a date at the rich kids club" sings JJ.
"Looks like we're gonna have to get a bucket or two to make these sleepy head up" added Pope.
"We're up!"

We arrive at figure 8 looking more than a little out of place several people glared at us as we made are way through the club. Upon reaching the computer room we locked the door and I handed Pope the map. He typed in the co-ordinates,
"Hey guys look it isn't that far of land"
"Yeah that do-able" chimed Kiara.
"How are we gonna get that deep though?" I question,
"I've got an idea. My dad used to have an old drone at his old workplace before they fired him, it could still be there"
"Brilliant let's go!"

Once again we piled into John B's banged up mini camper and headed towards the docks. We divided a plan on the way leaving no gaps for error.
"Right everyone know there part?" Repeated Pope.
"Yeah mate we got it."

Kiara and I had the task of distracting the security guard. It will be too easy she told me. We stood watching the man fixing the flat tire as the boys attempted to retrieve the drone but he was quicker than we thought he'd be and somewhere by a dog had begun to bark loudly.
"Kie we need to give them more time" I said. She agreed and tried to pierce another tyre with her hair clip but the dog continues to bark viciously.
"What the heck are you doing?" Queried the security guard as he caught Kie piercing a second tyre. Fuck, run.

We took off at speed with no idea whether the boys had retrieved the drone successfully I ran through the rows of parked cars adrenaline pumping through my veins. I stopped when I heard voices ahead of me,
"Please I was just trying to get something for my dad, he said if I didn't he'd hit me again, I'm sorry I'll just make something up despite the consequences" the voice was JJ's. I watched carefully as he jumped from the boat he'd been stood and walked in my direction. When it was safe to come out I walked along side him.
"Hey you were lying back there right? About your dad?"
"Yeah course I was" he said quickly but there was a flicker of something behind his eyes.
"Okay good" I say as we catch up to the others.

That night was another warm one and non of us were ready to go home yet so Kiara said we should head to her parents restaurant The Wreck. We stood awkwardly in the almost empty restaurant as Kiara spoke to her dad. After a few moments she walked over smiling and we all took our seats around a long table. Kiara's dad brought over plates of food and we tucked in.
"Here try some of this" says JJ placing a spoonful of chilli fries in my mouth,
"Mmmmh"

Music is playing from the speakers and Kiara and John B begin to dance I try to pull JJ up but he's to engrossed in the food and a little bit too high to dance properly. So I sway solely to the rhythmic music catching the others glancing over at me from time to time. I'm perfectly content until I see Pope sitting isolated from the rest of us his sad eyes fixated on the dancing figures of John B and Kie.
"Hey you feeling alright?" I say, he snaps out of his daydream.
"Yeah why wouldn't I be" he makes an attempt to laugh,
"You like her don't you?" He bows his head,
"I know I shouldn't but yeah I think I might be in love with her"
"That's great why don't you just tell her?"
"Because of the rule no Pogues macking on Pogues"
"Oh I see. Well there aren't any rules about Pogues dancing together" I say taking his hand,
"S no I don't dance"
"You do now"

We take to the restaurant floor and begin to sway to the music spinning and twirling one another around, laughing as we accidentally bump heads.

"Tomorrow we'll test the drone" says John B.

Thanks again for being here🤙🏼