Chapter 6- Rich kid problems

Comment and tell me who you're fav Pogue is!

Chapter 6-

For this chapter imagine you're wearing either one of these bikinis!

Splash!

Splash!

I elegantly dived into the cool summer water beside Kie and John B while JJ and Pope stand on the dock watching through the eyes of the drone. The three of us swim about while Pope familiarises himself with the equipment. John B and I pull faces at the camera, Kie and I twirl in circles.

It's the first time I've been in the water since my father drowned and at first I was scared but running my fingers across the glossy surface, feeling the salt stick to the ends of my hair and in the company of my new found friends I felt somewhat at ease and free. When Pope was satisfied with his work we climbed out. I pick up my towel wrapping it around my body until I dry.

That afternoon JJ and I had promised Pope to help him with his deliveries and the three of us boarded a boat heading for 'rich kid territory' as JJ called it! I took a bag and headed for Figure 8 where eager costumers we're awaiting the arrival of their lunch orders. I handed a pretty woman the bag of food and she thanked me paying a decent tip. Then I followed the path back to the boat seeing Pope had already arrived back. As I board I ask him how his delivery went but he remains silent a rigid stance. I come to stand beside him and notice the bruises and blood in the side of his face,
"Omg Pope what happened?" I asked desperately. He tunes away swiftly.
"Pope?!"

Just then JJ board the boat with a merry look on his face,
"Easiest hundred dollars I've ever made." He must have noticed Popes injuries too as he began to press for answer too "Seriously Pope what happened man?"

"Rafe and Topper jumped me" he finally said between gritted teeth.
"What Rafe did this?" I say moderately shocked, "Why?"
"I don't know shouldn't you know, he's your... your whatever after all" spat JJ angrily. I knew the comment came out harsher than he meant it too as his face softened when he saw my inherent reaction,
"He's my nothing, not anymore" I say "and next time I see that prick I'll give him what's for" I say suddenly filled with rage as I look over at Pope.
"Why wait?" Pope says suddenly driving off,
"That's my boy a bit of revenge, I like it" sings JJ.

I stand beside the two of them a bad feeling rising in my gut as the boat pulls up beside Toppers luxurious boat. I watch as Pope removes his shirt and drives towards the boat, he returns a few moments later with the plug.
"No you didn't?" Screams JJ excitedly. I laugh slightly at Pope recklessness. JJ takes the plug and throws it into the water and we all stand their beaming as Toppers' boat begins to vanish below the waters surface.

We arrive at John B's and collect our surfboards before racing down to the beach finding John B and Kiara already out at sea. I hang back as the others rush into the high waves. Come on, everything will be fine, pull yourself together. I take a deep breath and head for the surf. I'm amazed at how well they can all surf, it took me years of lessons before I finally got the hang of it.

The waves become increasingly larger but the others show no signs of fear. I begin to feel slightly uneasy but put on my best brave face. JJ starts to playfully splash me as we wait for a wave I splash back and soon it breaks out into a full on fight. He dives at me taking me under but while I'm beneath the water a strong current suddenly pulls me further down and I loose JJ's touch. I open my eyes and see only darkness, freaking out I kick and push hoping to break the surface. I do but just as as large wave crashes down over me. I fly along being turned and toppled blindly. I wash up on shore with a matter of seconds and get to my feet.

My legs are shaking wildly and I hear someone shout my name and ask if I'm okay. I look about fiercely but can't seem to locate the voice. Suddenly John B's hand appears on my shoulder,
"Hey S you all good?" He asks,
"Yeah I'm fine I just I'm gonna head home"
"Hey are you sure?"
I nod.
"Okay well we're hanging at my place later maybe you can swing by.
"Maybe."

I take off up the beach quickly so out looking back. I can hear the others talking as I go. My body is shaking from the cold and my breaths are short and fast. I try to calm myself with the breathing technique my father used whenever he felt afraid.
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and breath.
I arrive home shortly after and upon placing my board against the side of the house I hear voices, one of them my mothers but the others is a man. I peer around the corner as the two figure appear outside.
"Thanks again" says my mother,
"This was fun, if you ever feel lonely again you know where to find me" says the man kissing my mothers cheek. I step closer to get a better look, Deputy Shoupe wtf...!!!

I wait for his car to pull away before I rush into the house,
"Mum wtf is the Deputy doing here?"
"Oh honey I didn't know you were coming home." She exclaims blushing slightly,
"Wait we're you two, did you?! Ew omg mum how could you?"
"Oh darling please you wouldn't understand, he's been so helpful since your father passed and I've been so lonely with you never here. I didn't mean for it to happen it sort of just did, oh honey please don't be upset"

Upset was an understatement, I was furious. I could stay there so I showered quickly and packed a bag,
"Oh honey please don't go" she wailed.
I flung open the front door and mounted my bike cycling for John B's. By the time I had reach John B's house I had calmed down and decided to put the issue away, for now.

I stepped into the kitchen to find JJ stood making a sandwich alone. He turned to see me stood in the door frame.
"You came" he smiled
"Yeah I did"
"Hey S I'm so sorry about earlier I wasn't thinking, I should have after what happened to your dad, I'm sorry"
"It's alright I know you didn't mean anything, it wasn't your fault."
"So you forgive me?" He half smiles,
"There's nothing to forgive"
"Can I get a hug then?" He cheekily raises his eyebrows. I wrap my arms around his waist and rest my head against his chest closing my eyes, smelling a mixture of sweat, cologne and the faint smell weed.

We return to the other who are chatting happily on the hammocks outside, but it isn't long before we all drift off.

Continue reading to see what happens next...
what is really going on between your mum and Deputy Shoupe?
Where will the adventure take you next?
Is there something blossoming between JJ and you?