Chapter 7- Out in the Open

Let's get to it Pogues!!

Chapter 7-

I woke to find the others had already risen and Kie and Pope had headed home for a few hours.
"Morning" called John B "I'd offer your breakfast but the fridge is empty" he chuckles.
"It's alright, I'm not much of a breakfast person anyway."

I grabbed the bag I brought with ready to head out.
"You coming to the movies tonight S?" Calls JJ appearing at the front door,
"Sure I'll catch you later" I say retrieving my bike and cycling home.

I knew there were a few thing I needed to smooth over with my mother before the movies later. It was a brief conversation and my mum was greatly relieved when I decided to forgive her. My fathers death had been hard in both of us and clearly we were handling it in different ways.
"But wait doesn't he have a wife?" I ask curiously,
"He told me he was going to tell her soon, he promised"

I grabbed a few beers from the fridge and headed for the grounds were they were showing the movie. I spotted Pope and JJ seated in some garden chairs amongst the crowd.
"Bonjour mes amis " I say taking a seat beside them. Pope was still freaking out over wrecking Toppers' boat he filled me in on the fact they drove by earlier and as I glanced over my shoulder I saw the three of them glaring at us. Suddenly Kie arrived oblivious too Popes moment of heroism.
"They gonna kill me" he wails,
"Pope you gotta snap out of it man, remember what I said..."
"Deny deny deny" they chorus.
"Guys whats going on?" Asks Kie.

The movie starts and apart from the sprits of opening cans and rustles of food packets the meadow fell silent.
"JJ I gotta piss" he abruptly announces,
"Hold it"
"I can't please come with me man." The two of them scatter away,
"S what's going on?" Asks Kie again,
"I think Topper is gonna try and kill Pope" I say "come on" I take her hand and we follow the boys behind the screen.

There we find Rafe, Kels and Topper punching JJ and Pope. Kie and I jump in without a second thought.
"Rafe get of him you prick" I shout attempting to pull Rafe off JJ. Kie heads over to help Pope but is pushed aside by Topper as he grabs Pope around the neck. I go to help JJ but Rafe lashes out slapping me across the cheek.
"You prick" gasps JJ kneeing Rafes privet area.

Suddenly the screen is engulfed in flames and Topper drops Pope to the floor as he chocks and gasps for air. The Kooks rush of quickly and JJ helps me off the floor,
"You okay?" He says inspecting my reddening cheek. I nod and we check in Pope and Kie. We head back to John B's where Kie and I tend to the boys wounds.
"Ouch that hurts S" complains JJ as I dab the cut in his lip with some antiseptic.
"Oh shhhh you'll live" I mock. "There all better"
"So I'm haven't lost any of my charming looks" he smirks,
"Hahaha no there just as charming as ever" I say.

***
The next day

John B is still MIA and so the four of us lounge around the shop waiting for Pope to finish talking with his father just then a police car pulls up outside and Deputy Shoupe enters the shop, a discouraging look on his ageing face.
"Pope I'm afraid you're gonna have to come down to the station, you're under arrest"
"Wait what?!" Argues Popes father "what's he done?"
"Officer you can just do that" cries Kie as Shoupe begins to pull Pope from the store.
"You're under arrest for felony disruption of property"

I feel my heart racing as Pope is led towards the police car, sounds of arguing and objections surround me.
"Wait it wasn't him officer, it was me" says JJ running his fingers through his long blonde hair.
"Is that right eh?" Shoupe says,
"Yes it was all me. Pope tried to stop me but here we are" he shrugs.
"JJ what are you doing?" Mouths Pope. Again he shrugs and waits for Shoupe to handcuff his wrists.
"Officer please this is a misunderstanding" I attempt but he cuts us all off by shoving JJ into the car and driving off. The car sped out of sight taking JJ with it.

...

Let me know what you think of the story so far!