rainy day - sodapop curtis

hi.

word count - 1011
. . . . . . .

"y/n? Are you there sweetheart?" the teacher tapped the girl's desk lightly, "You need to go home, honey."

The girl mumbled something whilst her head lay in arms, head on an uncomfortable desk, and dreaming of something better, something euphoric. Something lovely, something that she wouldn't regret having. There had to be something for her, something that didn't gut her from the inside out.

"Ok." She lifted her head up, letting the teacher take a view of her tired face, with the bags under her eyes show off themselves to the teacher, and she only sighed. "I'm awake. What happened? Did everyone leave?" She said groggily, moving her h/c colored hair to the side.

"yes, y/n. Everyone left about two minutes ago, please tell me you walk home, the buses have already left." The teacher avoided looking outside the window, because there was pouring rain slamming against the windows, she wished y/n wouldn't take notice, the buses had already zoomed off, this school was shit—they wouldn't hesitate to zoom off if a kid was about to get on a bus.

"I usually do, I usually walk home alone." she grabbed her bag, "But thanks for letting me sleep, man, I was like super duper tired all day, this little nappy nap was the best part of my goddamned day."

The teacher nodded, pulling out a cigarette from her pocket, lighting it shortly after, "just go, or else the principal will have my ass shredded into tiny pieces of human meat then feast on it for his 4 hour lunch break." She sighed, "just...have a great weekend, y/n."

"Ok, thanks, bye bye now!" She was immensely grateful for the teacher, then ran out of the classroom, then to her locker to get her belongings.

"Oh I love that little girl, such a sweet person. Wonder why she walks alone? She's an absolute beauty." Said the teacher, putting out her cigarette with her arm, like the psycho she was.

. . .

"keys, lotion, notebooks..." she counts all her items in her backpack, then nods in approval once she sees them all in the necessary order. "Good, now time to go-" thunder rumbled extremely loud above the school, almost making it shake by how loud it was, "just..." y/n grumbled, "I forgot my fucking umbrella, good job y/n, for not asking Dad for the goddamned weather." she looked around to see if there was anyone else around the building, but it was empty only for a few nerds who stayed for after school activities flirting in the hallways. Most of them were Socs, but there was a few Greasers who stayed for sports and such, which y/n didn't care about.

"hope they enjoy their nerd ass babies, weirdos." She mumbles, then laughs quickly after, heading outside.

"Did that girl say something about us being nerds?" One Soc girl with blonde hair said, pointing at y/n who was walking out the door, leather jacket being displayed—which could cause trouble oopsie poopsie. The boy rolled his eyes, "How about we go do something about it? Let's just show her we're not nerds—we're privileged."

. . . . . .

"uh. What do you guy want?" y/n stood up against the wall, ready to throw punches, but the boy-soc behind her was holding her back, how in the hell did this all escalate so quickly? I don't know, ask the Socs who clearly wanted to physically fight y/n for calling them nerds....how sophisticated and mature..

"Stop struggling, kid, we're gonna have a little fun with you!" the boy latched his mouth on y/n's neck from behind (like a fishy fish), "Stop! let go of me you fucking nerds!" she struggled in his grip as her twisted expression turn grim, and unwanting attitude continue to show that she didn't approve-

"Call us nerds one more time we'll throw you in the fucking rain!" She eyed the heavy rain pouring behind the roof of the school, in which was their only protection from getting wet. But, she scoffed, "I can handle that rain, I can handle mostly anything." the other kids stuttered, "You really expect me to be a pussy like you guys? Funny!" The boy looks at his girlfriend standing in front crossing her arms, and shrugs because they didn't know what to do.

"Well...then what if we prove that fact?" they pushed her towards the rain, but she didn't budge. She took the punishment, "You guys seriously think this is going to hurt me in some way." They throw her out, she lands on the ground, they immediately laugh then walk back in the school, not guilty for what they just did.

"Wow, this rain actually isn't so bad." She felt the rain harshly hit the top of her head, soaking her hair in the process. She smiles, looks up, gets a few drops of rain in her eyes, then closes them.

"Hey!" She hears a man or..a boy, yell from down the sidewalk she just got thrown on. Quickly turning her head, she sees a boy she's been admiring for a little while run towards her with an umbrella in his hand. "Is that Sodapop Curtis..? Holy shit, well this is just my lucky fucking day, isn't it?" She thought, regretting every life choice that lead to this moment, now she would just be simply embarrassed!

"What the-?" She now realizes he's above her, taking in her features which were quite...wet.

He gasps. "Are you ok, y/n? Oh my gosh you're soaking!" He grabs her by the arm, pulling her up so she's by his side under the umbrella.

She almost dies of a heart attack right then and there, he knew who she was? But Soda doesn't go to school...how the fuck-? "Wait..you know my name, Soda?" She stands confused, still being in the tight grip of his hand on her arm. They start walking.

"Of course I do, I will always know who you are."