Chapter 1

With dismay, I observed the sun slowly beginning to hide behind the mountains, bringing a reassuring and mesmerizing pinkish shade to the sky.

If only twilights were as peaceful as they looked...

I sighed as I opened my diary.

" Dear diary... It's Lucia, you know, Salazar's butler's daughter.

Another tiring day is about to end.

To keep my sanity, I'll be writing once again about what happened from the beginning.

A few years ago, my life turned upside down.

Lord Salazar happened to meet a weird cleric named Osmund Saddler, which happened to be the leader of a rather old sect. Somehow, he succeeded to rally Lord Salazar to his cause, and the situation hasn't stopped getting worse ever since.

He seemed to know plenty of things about what was hiding in the castle and convinced Salazar to awaken the Plagas, the scourge hidden by the royal family.

Not too long after, our entire village ended up being a living hell, controlled by Saddler.

This brings us to today.

I'm in the middle of this mess because I want to save everyone.

Or at least, find something that could stop them from suffering.

To do so, I've been working with a searcher named Luis Sera, who happened to be one of Saddler's minions.

But honestly, all I've been doing ever since is running, killing myself, even more, each day.

Today, I believe it is my birthday...

But I don't really remember my age.

The only thing I remember is that it is the beginning of my third year in here.

Anyway, I'm supposed to be meeting Luis, so I better hurry. "

I closed my diary and stowed it in my satchel. I grabbed the folded azure cloak I had prepared on the table and put it on.

I grabbed my crossbow and clipped it on the leather straps that I fastened on my belt.

Hearing a few voices below, I quickly ran away.

As I ran through the catwalk, I ended up meeting with a group of Zealots that happened to be looking for me. Giving them a piece of their mind by killing some of them, I found a way towards the abandoned tower.

After ten minutes of intense running, when I had finally reached the old crimson door I was looking for, I reached for my rusty key and put it in the keyhole.

I somehow struggled to open the door.

Gosh, it's starting to get a bit rusty...

When I finally succeeded, I quickly got in and blocked it from inside.

I needed to pack up some things.

Rapidly peeking through the window, I sighed in relief when I saw they hadn't followed me.

I quietly climbed the stairs to get to my room and sighed.

Whew, it still is a mess.

I headed towards my closet and opened it, reaching for the white shirt I had cleaned five days ago. I quickly changed myself, taking a less heavy outfit since it seemed to be hot outside lately.

I washed my face once again with the last drops of lotion I had left and rearranged my purse, putting away things I knew I wouldn't need for now.

Once I was ready, I refilled my ink tank and exited the room, locking behind me.