Epilogue

Five minutes left...

I sighed as I fixed my hair.

When it's like this, I just have to wait a bit, and...

"Lucy! Call Mr. Johnson to tell him his room is ready!" A colleague of mine yelled, disappearing as she carried a huge pile of towels.

"Okay, let's go..."

I dialed the number of the client and waited for the client to answer.

I looked at the clock, which seemed to have gotten pretty slow.

"What do you want?!" The client suddenly yelled, making me jump in surprise.

Oh my fucking god...!

"Hello, sir, it's the Lakeview Resort. The cleaning team has finished preparing your room, you can come back when-."

"Uh! You disturbed me just for that?! Next time, leave a fucking message, bitch!"

And... he hung up the call.

Whatever...

Yeah, I know what you are thinking.

But sadly, this happens pretty often, so I'm just used to it now.

The corners of my mouth slowly raised as I strangely thought about some intriguing ways to correct this mister's attitude.

"Lucy...? Take a look at this." Rose said as she gave me a strange note.

I quickly frowned.

What the hell is this...?

Someone else's POV...

I had just gotten home.

I quickly took a shower and put on sweatpants, looking afterward for anything that looked like a sandwich inside the fridge.

Come on...

...

Here we go.

I ended up eating it in front of the TV, watching whatever was on the screen.

This was the routine I got used to on my days off.

I would just go and sleep for half a day, doing whatever to occupy my mind when I wouldn't be able to rest.

Still...

I glanced at the coffee table, on which was placed a very particular object, that looked very much like a notebook.

I sighed as I took it, watching the cover.

It's been one year, now...

How have you been doing since, Lucia?

I scratched my chin as I tried to remind the day I met her.

The look she had, in her eyes...

I wonder if she's happy, now.

"April 17th, 2004

Dear Diary,
What do I begin with? I have to write this fast since I'm walking.

Tonight I met two important people.

The first one is a girl named Ashley. She happens to be the daughter of the United States president, which is a country at the other end of the sea. She has soft hair and... has relatively powerful vocal cords for a girl who's supposed to be younger than me.

She screams every time she needs help, without ever trying to save herself.

Excepted her loudness, she's quite lively, which warms a bit the atmosphere when she's in the group. However, right now she's been captured by one of Salazar's traps, so I hope we'll find her before he does.

The second person is Leon.

He is the agent the United States sent to rescue Ashley. So, he's trained like a super warrior, which is kinda scary sometimes, especially when he spots enemies and kills them in less than ten seconds.

When you get to know him, he doesn't seem as cold as he seems to be.

He's certainly efficient and keeps his cool whenever he has to but has a twisted sense of humor.

He's one of the coolest people I've ever met, though.

I mean...

Okay.

This report is a total mess, because gosh, I don't think I won't ever be able to forget someone like him.

When we met...

there just was this thing, this... sparkle, maybe?

I don't know how to describe it, but it felt like I had been hit by a thousand stars.

I feel very nervous but also very confident around him, this is so weird...

Anyway, he's engaged in his mission, so I hope he'll succeed and get back home safely...

I don't want him to suffer as I did.

I've seen so many things tonight that I'm not surprised anymore. I don't know if I'll die or not, but this will just add an interesting plot to my own story.

After all, nothing has been written yet, so...

Let's quickly find out what's going to happen."

This was the last page she ever wrote.

I slid my fingers through my hair.

So...

A sparkle, huh?

Maybe it was the right word, after all.

I smiled as I closed the diary, putting it carefully inside my backpack.

What should I do, now...?