Chapter 6

No...!

" Luis! LUIS!" Leon yelled.

I wanted to scream too. I quickly ran away from this scene and ended up finding Ada, which was hidden behind a column. She put her hand on my mouth and silently told me to follow her, pulling me into another room.

10 minutes later, Ada had made me cross about half the castle. When we arrived at the tower and turned to me and crossed her arms.

"I suppose Luis told you everything."

" Yeah..." I muttered, still trying to regain my calm.

" Okay. Then, you're coming with me. Stay quiet and do exactly what I tell you to do. "

I nodded.

Strangely frustrated that I couldn't have a decent conversation with her, I turned my head towards the door we had taken.

I left Leon without even telling him...

While Ada called what seemed to be her supervisor, I sighed.

I still thought It was a bad idea to give them the sample, but...

The choice wasn't mine.

Later...

Around an hour later, Ada and I were sitting on a boat, in the docks.

I still felt like she didn't want me to talk to her, but I had something quite trivial to ask her.

"Who are we waiting for...?"

"Leon."

I scoffed.

Okay, sure.

The Leon in front of which I disappeared, an hour ago.

We waited a bit more, till we heard someone coming down the stairs. I gulped when our gazes met.

He strangely grimaced as he understood pretty... quickly.

"Need a ride, handsome?" Ada said as she put her left elbow on the back of her seat.

The magnetism of this woman, hello...

Leon seemed apprehensive by her proposal but ended up accepting... because he couldn't do otherwise.

He ended up sitting down in the seat right next to Ada and ended up scratching his chin.

I felt oddly disappointed as he ignored me while the boat departed.

I tried to focus on the nasty and vague landscape while we silently approached the island.

Then, something came back to my mind.

The machine!

I looked for my diary but noticed it was gone.

Don't tell me...

I let myself fall on the back.

I'm so dumb.

Hoping the card wouldn't be gone, I emptied my satchel and found it at the bottom, making me sigh in relief.

At least, I still had the most important.

I looked at Leon and noticed he and Ada were both sharing a strange look. She then spun the wheel, making the boat violently crash to the side.

She quickly had taken her grappling hook and gave me a quick look, probably hesitating about whether I should go with her or not. I grabbed my crossbow and nodded at her.