Chapter 32: Him

I was walking hastily from class and home. Last night I spend the night at Ruff's dorm together with Heather. My eyes had fallen shut during our movie night and I had rushed to class the next morning. Today had been a long day. I've been walking from class to class. Eaten on the walk between the different buildings as I didn't have time to sit down.

Now I just want to be home. To make myself a cup of coffee and sit comfortably on my bed with Stormfly. but it looks like my plans have to wait, because as I get near my apartment I can see an Auburn haired man waiting outside the building.

For a split second I consider turning around. I really don't want to see Him after the incident in Eretson café. But the man had already seen me. He waves me over with a grin on his face.

"Hi Hiccup" I say not to pleased about him being here.

"Hey Astrid, I was wondering" I can't help but fall into a fairytale land when I look into his green eyes. In a perfect world I would kiss him. Right here, right now. Under the big oak tree with leafs the color of Hiccup's eyes. Birds would fly above us as our lips touched. But this is reality.

"Yes sorry what were you wondering about?" I ask as I snap back into reality.

"Eh, I was wondering if you would like to go to the movies with me?" His offer is kind. Like a date. No wait no. I don't want this I need my distance from him so I can figure out if I want to risk this.

"I can't today I'm sorry I have to study" I say while fumbling around with my purse trying to find my key.

"Well then some other day" he continues.

"I can't" I answer a little too quickly and walk to the door to open it.

"Why not?" He asks confused. I turn to him and shake my head.

"Because" I start not quite sure what to say "because I don't want to get kidnapped".

"What?" He sounds surprised and you can see he's holding in a laugh.

"Yeah where I come from people always Get kidnapped when they walk home from the cinema" it's true I lived in a rougher neighborhood where you never should walk alone day or night. But the cinemas aren't more dangerous that the rest of the town.

"That sounds-" he start but I cut him off before he can complete his sentence.

"Absurd I know but that's the life of an American ghetto" I say and turn around to unlock the door.

"But that's not LA is it?" He asks trying to stop me before I can go inside. He sounds a little nervous like I've scared him a little with my story.

"No" I shortly reply "but the traumas traveled with me across the states".

I give him a smile before I rudely and suddenly close the door. Leaving a confused Hiccup on the stoop outside my apartment.
I sigh and lean on the door. Why does he have to be so Hiccupy. Why am I falling for this guy. I need to do something to get him out of my head.

I pull out my phone and scroll through my contacts. As I dial the number I can hear Hiccup walking away.

"Heather" I say "I need your help".

Heather quickly came over. When it comes to love she does give great advice, though you might find it odd she never has had a boyfriend. But as she says coaches don't play.

"Astrid what do you need?" She asks while I hand her a cup of coffee.

"You need to set me up on a date" I say and sit down besides her. She looks confused but then a smile spreads on her face.

"Really? So you decided to go for it with Hiccup?" I shake my head at her question.

"No you need to set me up with someone else" her brows frown in confusion.

"What? Why?"

"I need to get Hiccup out of my head. So I need to go on a date with someone else I don't care who it is" I say but Heather doesn't seem to follow.

"I really need to get that boy out of my head so please just text one of your sweet guy friends and tell them to have dinner with me" I sigh. Heather puts her arm around me and smiles.

"Are you sure this is the best way to cope?" I lean on her shoulder while hearing her question.

"Probably not" I say and sit up again "But I think I just have to try".

"Okay I'll set you up on a blind date" Heather smiles down at me and I smile back. Maybe it's a bad idea but I have to try.

Heather's POV

As I walk home from Astrid's apartment the sun is about to go down. I'm walking in my own thoughts thinking about whom I should set her up with. I'm not quite sure whose Astrid's type. Except Hiccup, I need to find a man like Hiccup.

I walk past a magazine and papers booth. It has everything from today's paper to playboy.
As I'm scrolling through all the boys I know in my head who slightly reminds me of Hiccup, I notice a familiar face on one of the magazines.

This is the first time. In LA everyone tries to be on a magazine, the last time this happened it was Astrid's face and she didn't even know it. Some model worthy pictures from an UCLA folder had been leaked and a magazine had used her for their cover. Both Astrid and I had died laughing when we first saw the cover.

But this time is wasn't Astrid. I picked up the magazine to get a better look. On the cover of People was the face of a man with freckles, green eyes and messy brown hair.

My eyes widened in surprise as I read the title:

H. Horrendous Haddock

I thought it was a funny twist with Heather finding out before Astrid, but believe me it gets better. The conflict is escalating but we're no where near climax. So make sure to follow along because you, this book and I are far past point of no return.

Spoiler for next chapter:

"Would you believe me if I said I have a twin?"