Chapter 5: Almost Exposed

A Week Later
Lilly's POV

It's been a week since I've been over to the Cullen house. Apparently after I fell asleep Jasper brought me home and met Mom. Not that I can complain, she likes him and hopes the best for me, even though we're not together. I think.

Anyways, I was getting ready for school when Bella text me.

Once I was done getting ready I noticed a note on the counter

𝙻𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚢,

          𝙳𝚊𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚊𝚕 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚏𝚝, 𝚋𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚏𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚏 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕.

𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎, 𝙼𝚘𝚖.

After reading the note I grabbed some toast for breakfast before hearing Bella honk, and I went outside and got in the car, heading to school.

"So how was your weekend?" I asked Bella as we walked into the school.

"Kind if boring. You?" Bella asked.

"Same here. Mom and Dad were working all weekend so it was just me. They're still working now actually."

"Well if you need company my door is always open. Charlie's been leaving a lot too this past weekend. Apparently there was a security guard up in Mason County who got attacked and killed by some kind of animal, my dad just left today to help."

"Seriously? That's awful. I hope it doesn't come closer to town." I frowned.

"Me too." Bella agreed as the bell for 1st period rang. "I'll see you later."

I nodded and went to first period. The day went by fast. Alice and Rose invited me over for a sleep over sometime, and a shopping trip. Emmett wanted another rematch. And Jasper wanted to hang out after putting the finishing touches on our project. Once school let out I was walking with Bella to her truck as she told me all about how Edward was being nice to her after Biology and wanted to know somethings about her.

"That's great Bella." I smiled as I leaned against her truck. That's when a screeching sound came from the lot. I turned around to see Tyler and his van sliding on black ice right towards us. Right as the van came close I started to mutter a spell to protect Bella and I, but I was cut off when two flashes came in front of us, taking us down to the concrete. I looked up into Jaspers eyes and realized his hand was up and the van had two dents where Edward and Jaspers hands were.