Chapter 9: Forgiveness

Lilly's POV

After hearing the story about my ancestors, I understood now that my parents have possibly gone through hell just being together.

"So, you and dad being together was almost impossible if your families had a blood feud huh?" I asked.

"You don't know the half of it, sweety. Once we were expecting with you, we had to run. We've been running ever since you were 10 years old." Dad nodded.

"I remember. We stayed in Georgia longer than we normally did." I nodded.

"That's when we finally lost them, then with the appearance of your powers, we had to move. However, I'm glade we were able to move here and you have friends that are different too that can help keep you under control." Mom smiled.

"Me too." I said then frowned, thinking about Jasper. "However, I don't think that'll be the case anymore."

"Honestly sweety, from what you told me about those Jessica and Lauren girls, I think you should talk with Jasper. Let him tell you his side of the story before you decide what you want to do." Mom advised.

"You can't be serious?!" Dad frowned.

"Oh, honey. Quit it." Mom frowned. "You remember when we were in high school and the same thing happened with Rachel Verano?"

"Yeah, I guess your mother is right." Dad said scratching the back of his neck.

"Well still, I don't think I'm ready to talk to him yet." I admitted. "Is there anything I should know about being part wolf?"

"Um, just the basics." Dad shrugged. "Um you can run as fast as a vampire in your human form or wolf form, same goes for strength and senses, and there's a thing called imprinting."

"What's imprinting?" I asked curiously.

Dad and Mom smiled at each other before looking back at me. "Imprinting on some is like...... When you see them, it's like gravity. Your whole center shifts..... Suddenly it's not the earth holding you here, it's them.... you would do anything, be anything they need..... A friend. A brother/sister. A protector...... Nothing else matters."

"Like a soul mate? Did you imprint on Mom?" I smiled.

"Yeah, actually, she threw a shoe at me when we first met after she knew I imprinted on her." Dad said with a laugh making Mom roll her eyes with a smile.

However after hearing all this made me sad. It make me think about Jasper. "Can I be excused?"

"Of course." Mom nodded before I could walk towards the stairs.

Finally. I so didn't want to talk about Jasper, especially after what happened today. But the big guy upstairs had other plans for me.

"Speak of the devil." I frowned, closing my door as Jasper sat on my bed. I wasn't gonna give him the satisfaction of make eye contact though. "How the hell did you even get in here?"

"The window." Jasper said, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. "Anyways, I came here to talk to you, despite......."

"Despite that I turned into a wolf?" I frowned.

"Yeah...."

"Well don't waste your breath. Just get out, I don't wanna talk to you." I stated, pointing towards my window.

"Please, just hear me out." Jasper pleaded. "I'll beg on my hands and knees if you really want me to. Just, anything for you to listen to me."

"You have five minutes." I huffed, sitting next to him on my bed.

"First of all, everything that happened with Jessica was a set up. Emmett and I were late to class and I had to stop at my locker. I grabbed my books and closed my locker and next thing I know I'm pushing Jessica off of me." Jasper said.

And as of right on que I got a text from a random number.

From: ?
It's true, and so desgusting🤮 I feel bad for him. I'd probably burn my own tongue off after that!!!🔥

P.S. This is Emmett🤪

From: Lilly
Seriously Emmett? How did you even get my number?

From: Emmett
Alice🤫

I turned back to Jasper with an eyebrow raised.

"What?" Jasper asked.

"How did Emmett even know to send me a text right as you were telling me your side of the story?"

"Ah, Alice can kind of see the future. It's subjective by choice, so if she told Emmett to send you a text, then she saw my decision to come make things right with you." Jasper admitted.

"Okay, I believe you." I smiled. Something was just telling me that I should forgive him and that I can't stay mad at him forever.

"Thank goodness!" Jasper smiled like a kid in a candy shop before lifting me in his arms, spinning me around, making me giggle.

It wasn't until Jasper set me down that our faces were so close together. And that's when I looked lovingly into his eyes and it happened.......

He was the one holding me here, and I would be everything for him. Nothing else mattered but him. I actually imprinted on Jasper Hale.

"What was that?" Jasper asked, probably feeling what I felt.

"I imprinted on you." I smiled as he looked happy yet confused. "It's a wolf thing. It's kind of like a soul mate."

"Well that makes me telling you so much easier." Jasper chuckled. "Vampires have a thing called blood-singers. However, you don't have a scent to me or the rest of my family. So I went to Carlisle and asked why I feel so attracted to you, like I wanna be by your side 24/7 every day. And he told me there's a thing called true-mates. He said it's equally as strong as imprinting actually."

This made me so happy I couldn't stop myself. Out of pure happiness I connected my lips with Jaspers. It took him a second to realize that I kissed him before he started kissing me back. His kisses were amazing, it felt like I was made for him. However, unlike vampires, I pulled away for some well needed air.

"Wow." I breathed.

"Your amazing." Jasper smiled, pecking my lips one last time.

As if just on cue Jasper got a phone call.

"Hello?" Jasper asked.

Deciding to try out my heightened hearing I pulled my hair away from my ear, trying to listen who was on the other line.

"Don't bother Jasper, I know she can hear me!" Alice's voice chirped through the phone. "No Lilly, since you're listening, start getting ready! I expect you at our place in 10 minutes for your birthday party! No ifs, ands, or buts!"

"She hung up." Jasper said making me chuckle.

"Of course she did." I laughed. "I better listen before she comes braking down my door."