Chapter 19: Killing The Tracker

Lilly's POV

After getting off the phone with Jasper, I continued to pack as Bella entered and started packing her bags as well, when Bella finished her phone went off.

"Hey, Mom, I'm glad you got my message. What are you doing home?" Bella said. "Calm down, everything's fine. I'll explained everything later. Mom, are you there?"

After a second of silence she looked scared and rushed to the bathroom. I used my wolf hearing to listen into the phone call.

"It was just too easy for Victoria to find your previous address." James said over the phone. "It's a nice house you have here. I was prepared to wait for you, but then Mom came home after she received a very worried call from your dad, and it all worked out quite well."

"Don't touch her! Don't....."

"You can still save her." James said after cutting her off. "But you're going to have to get away from your friends. Can you handle that?"

"Where should I meet you?" Bella asked.

"How about your old ballet studio." James sounded like he was smirking over the phone. "And I'll know if you bring anyone along. Poor Mommy would pay the price for that mistake."

With that they hung up. I go back to my suit case, zipping it up as Bella came out, acting as if I didn't hear a thing.

"Ready?" I asked her.

"Y-Yeah, uh, um, I'm just goin to go o-out and get a snack from the vending machine" Bella stuttered as she lied before quickly walking out the door.

Sighing to myself I wrote a note and left it on the table for Alice and Jack before following Bella. I saw her get into a cab so I used my speed to follow her scent. When I arrived and tried to stop I ended up tripping into my stop and fell onto the sidewalk.

'Just my fucking luck!' I thought to myself. Standing up and dusting myself off, then tucked my hair behind my ear, trying to see what I could hear.

"That's my favorite part." James said amused. "You were a very stubborn child, weren't you? Hmm?"

"She's not even here." Bella said scared causing me to sneakily make my way in without James noticing.

"No." James said pushing her up against the wall. "Sorry. You know, but you really made it too easy. Sadly I couldn't get that delicious smelling friend of yours too."

"Hey! Asshat! Why don't you pick on someone just as strong as you?" I growled, making him let go of Bella for a moment, as he smirked at me.

"You came, I can't tell you whether that was brave, or stupid." James smirked.

"The stupid thing is that a human can get the upper hand on a vampire." I said, making him turn around only to get pepper sprayed by Bella as she made a run for it.

He growled and as Bella reached me he jumped making me turn around to face him as he blocked our exit. Shit.

Using my magic I tried to make him explode, but instead of him, I made a mirror explode causing Bella and I to turn away.