Hero

"RUBY ROSE!"

Ruby recognized that voice. The door on her room flew open, revealing two blonds and a man with combed back black hair.

She smiled at them, and sighed.

"Yang, Dad, and Uncle Qrow... I've been expecting you."

She said as Yang embraced her. Qrow shook his head and smirked while Tai worriedly looked at his daughters.

Yang pulled away, panting.

"Did... You run to get here?"

"OF COURSE I DID! WHY THE HELL WOULDN'T I?!"

The brunette chuckled lightly, pushing Yang away a little.

"I'm fine! I'm still alive, aren't I?"

Yang didn't look satisfied with her answer; she responded with a pout.

"Besides, You were only called because I helped that cute girl from the other room."

Ruby immediately regret what she had used to describe the white girl–instantly using her hands to cover her mouth whilst her eyes widened.

"Cute?"

Qrow inquired, as if asking her if he had heard her right. The young girl slowly lowered her hands, eyes wandering the room– trying to avoid eye contact.

"Yeaaaahhhhhhh..."

She answered, although with hesitation. Qrow raised an eyebrow. Tai, however , had a different expression.

"You saved someone's life!?"

Ruby was taken aback at her father's question.

"Saved her life? No no, I wouldn't say I sav-"

"OH YOU DID!"

Tai excitedly hugged his little girl, proud that she had helped a complete stranger.

But sad at the same time.

She was exactly like Summer, wasn't she?

He hopes she doesn't end up like her mother.

The teen struggled to get out of her father's death grip. This time, it was Yang's turn to look at them with a smile in her face.

"Dad! Stop it! I can't breathe!"

"But I'm just so proud of you!"

"DAD I'M ALREADY 16!"

"YOU'LL ALWAYS BE MY BABY GIRL!"

.

.

.

.

.