Bittersweet

"Ruby?! Wake up you dunce!"

Ruby slowly opened her eyes, then closing it again quickly. It was so bright, everything was so bright.

She sat up, using her hand to shield her eyes from the blinding light.

She saw Weiss, standing up and looking at her with a scowl.

"You dummy! How did you end up here!?"

Ruby looked around to see a grassy field. Was she laying on grass? She looked down on the floor.

Yep, definitely grass.

It was nearly sunset, the field was lined with beautiful trees and the sunlight was just gorgeous.

She looked at Weiss, almost crying at the sight of her.

"Weiss?..."

"That's me! Ruby! You shouldn't be here too!"

The brunette chuckled, wiping a tear that was threatening to fall.

"I told you I was sick, didn't I?"

"Yes, I know but..."

Weiss stopped, she stared at Ruby. The younger girl reached her hand out.

"We can be with each other for forever. Whether you like it or not."

She smiled, and accepted her hand. Only to be pulled down to the grass with her.

"AGH! RUBY!"

Weiss wanted to protest but she was shut up by Ruby nuzzling her neck.

"Let's stay here. Until the end of eternity."

Ruby pulled away, looking straight into Weiss' eyes.

"Sound good?"

Weiss wanted to cry, not of anger, or sadness. She was happy. Really, really happy.

"Pfft..."

"It sounds great, Ruby..."