V|

Yeosang thought that nothing could be worse than losing Yunho in the sea and having to float on top of a big wooden plank so he can keep out of the water. Okay he thought that it was slightly worst when he got washed up at a beach and waved at some hooded figures for help, only to be almost kidnapped or when he treated Hongjoong. He even thought nothing of it when he got captured again since he helped the others escape. They would be back for him or he could escape himself if he got too impatient. Or so he thought.

What topped everything is the fact that he is currently dragged somewhere. They reach a place that looks like a small camp with more people around. At least six. What makes Yeosang's heart skip a beat is when he sees Seonghwa. He is not how Yeosang knows him and remembers him. This Seonghwa is laying trapped in a small glass box that's full of water. His eyes have turned silver and there are transparent scales covering the rest of his body of the same color, that looks like glitter on him in contrast with his black scales on his tail and fins that decorate his body and hands. He only has a tiny space to move around a bit and he looks uncomfortable with his tail tucked underneath him.

Yeosang is pushed into a cell roughly before he is locked in there. He is shocked to see that Seonghwa is a merman. Was he always like that? No that can't be the case. They would know. Did they do this? Will they do something to him as well? Will he become like that? What is happening exactly? His eyes are locked on Seonghwa that looks back at him while hitting the glass. He keeps mouthing something but Yeosang can't make out what he is trying to say to him.

"Grab him." He jumps when he hears a voice saying near him. He was so focused on the older that he didn't notice the two figures in front of him. He doesn't have time to protest or fight back when a pair of hands holds him upright and he feels a sting on his upper arm. Intense pain feels his body from head to toe and he falls down on the ground, screaming.

"If he is worthy he will become one of us. If not he will die." He hears someone say as he keeps yelling, feeling like his body is on fire. He doesn't register that he is left alone or when he passes out from the pain. When he opens his eyes again he feels weird. Like he is floating or he is sliding and his golden hair is moving but there is no wind. He is facing Seonghwa that is now sleeping but he looks at him through a glass box. He tries to move his limbs but only his hands are free and he looks at them. Then he realizes what is happening. He inspects the gold-colored fins in his hands as well as some of the golden but transparent scales on his arms, glistening. He looks down and his eyes grow wide when he spots his tail that has the same color. The space is small and he is cramped, not leaving room for much movement. He hits the glass with all the power he can master but his body still feels tired. He catches his reflection on the glass for a moment, watching how his eyes have turned a gold color as well and he hits the box harder.

The glass doesn't crack even a little and he goes back to sleep involuntary. Loud voices wake him up and he feels like he is being moved. His suspicions are correct as he looks between the two men that carry his box. The sun is barely out but that doesn't seem to faze the men as they keep walking without a problem in the semi-dark place. He spots Seonghwa's box in front of him in the distance, carried by another pair of men. He doesn't like the fact that they are been moved somewhere else. Are they leaving the island? Will they be sold somewhere? He prays that the others will find them soon. As the men keep navigating through the woods, everyone stops moving abruptly. Their boxes are being placed on the floor and the men around them draw their weapons that Yeosang only now took notice. Each man has a shiny dagger on their hands that looks sharp.

Yeosang wants to know what's going on when one by one the rest of his crew are running out of the woods, fighting the men that carried them. Jongho is the one doing most of the job. He keeps disarming them and throwing them to the others while Hongjoong is left behind, limping towards his box and unlocking it. If he was surprised by him and Seonghwa being mermen, he doesn't show it. Once the lid is removed Yeosang sits up and breaths the cold air. San comes up to them before Yeosang has time to speak to Hongjoong, who gets up and tries to run to Seonghwa. Yeosang's heart, beats in relief once San kneels in front of him, asking him if he is okay. He nods as San's eyes travel on his body. He then places his hands gently underneath his waist and tail, lifting him up and out of the box. Yeosang secures his arms around his neck, in case he falls. He is sure though that San won't drop him. One of the unknown men stops attacking Jongho and runs up to them. Yeosang feels a rush of power running through his body when he thinks that the man will hurt San.

"Stop." He speaks loudly and then the men attacking them freeze in place. Yeosang can hear their thoughts in his head and makes eye contact with each one of them as they fall to the ground. He only wanted them to pass out and not die. He wasn't even sure if he could go as far as that. Everyone looks surprised, including himself. They don't have much time to analyze what just happened when more voices are heard, yelling in the distance. Jongho rips the lid from Seonghwa's box and lifts him up as they retreat back to the woods. Yunho picks up Hongjoong when he sees him struggling They slow down a little but the voices behind them grow louder.

"Yunho use the damn ring for fuck's sake!" Mingi yells as he helps Jongho with Seonghwa since the younger can't see where he is going. He also notices how he holds Wooyoung's hand in case he falls. Yeosang felt San tripping a couple of times as well but his grip on him never got loose even once.

"I don't know how it works? I was extremely scared back there when it happened to transport us back to the beach where I met the mermaid who gave it to me!" He yells back frustrated, earning a groan from Mingi. Yeosang can see how San and the rest are starting to get tired, having slowed down more.

"Well aren't you scared enough now, cause I am!" Wooyoung comments and Yeosang normally would tease him about it if he wasn't scared as well. They slow down more as they pass near a steep hill with a river right below them, that is surrounded by a waterfall and a lot of rocks. They have nowhere else to go so they keep moving forward in hopes that they can find somewhere to hide before their stamina runs out completely.

"Yeosang can you do what you did before? When your eyes glowed for a moment?" Hongjoong asks calmly but his eyes betray him, showing otherwise. He shakes his head as he tries to remember how he did it but the only thing he gets in return is an intense headache. He keeps hearing stuff in the back of his mind and he is doing his best to ignore it since most of it is incoherent and messy words. Branches could be heard snapping somewhere behind them. Their pursuers are hot on their heels, gaining more and more on them. It's only a matter of time until they catch up.

"I don't know what I did. There are voices in my head, I think and they are getting really intense no matter how hard I try to block them." He informs before the ground below them gives out and the eight of them roll down the hill. Yeosang falls into the river that it's deeper than it looks. His eyes spot an opening between two rocks and he knows that this might be their only hope. He quickly swims up to the surface.

"I see an opening in the water! Follow me!" He holds out his head for San to take and he spots Hongjoong helping Seonghwa into the water as well before grabbing his hand. Yeosang doesn't need to breathe before going under. He points the opening to Seonghwa who lets Yeosang take the lead so he can help the rest. Yeosang thinks they are lucky enough for the opening to be big enough for them to swim through without a problem and into a small cave. He sighs in relief when his head is out of the water a few seconds later. That means the rest won't run out of air on their way here. San that is right beside him, looks around before climbing out of the water. He helps lift Yeosang on the rocks as well while the rest of the crew emerge one by one on the surface.

"That was close." Jongho says once he is out with Seonghwa swimming behind him. Everyone is panting exhausted as they climb out. Seonghwa tries to lift himself up as well but he keeps failing. Yeosang notices how Hongjoong is ready to go up to him when Jongho stands up. The younger goes up to the older and holds him underneath his arms, getting him out with ease.

"Thank you." He speaks softly and Yeosang can see him shivering. He must be doing the same cause San places his jacket around him. Hongjoong crawls to Seonghwa and does the same, keeping him close. Wooyoung is cuddling up to Mingi and Jongho holds Yunho close.

"What happens now?" Seonghwa asks as he looks at his tail. Yeosang knows what he is referring to. If they can't change back, they will only be dead weight for the rest. Yunho clears his throat, earning everyone's attention.

"Everything is going to be fine if the mermaid that helped me is telling the truth."