Bonus Story 4

You can view the original post here: http://aminoapps.com/p/i3s5fn

The Meaning Of Family ||| ATEEZ short story

Hongjoong has just finished practicing by himself in the practicing room. He pants heavily while drinking a few sips from his water bottle. He is planning on going to his studio next since he has some beats to compose. He already wrote down a couple of lyrics, enough to finally start turning his feelings into music.

"Hyung are you in here?" Wooyoung asks opening the door. He smiles instantly when he spots his leader.

"What are you doing here woo? It's pretty late, you should be sleeping." He smiles back as he motions for the younger to join him on the floor.

"Seonghwa-hyung is waiting for you. He won't sleep until you come home. I couldn't stand watching his eyes open and close as he sits in the living room." Wooyoung confesses and Hongjoong smiles apologetically.

"Wooyoung I still have to stop by the studio..." He trails his words guiltily. The younger pouts at him in a cute way and Hongjoong finds himself saying to him that he will go back with him, earning a bright smile from the younger.

After picking up all of his stuff, he makes sure that everything is turned off before locking the door. Both remain silent on the way back, Wooyoung is falling asleep while standing and Hongjoong feels the exhaustion catching up to him fast. Upon entering the apartment, Wooyoung moves quickly to his room mumbling a small good night and Hongjoong enters the living room, finding Seonghwa sleeping in an uncomfortable position on the couch.

He approaches the sleeping figure with a small smile and he shakes his shoulder gently as to not startle him. For a second Seonghwa doesn't move but soon enough his eyelids flutter open and he looks up at Hongjoong with sleepy eyes.

"You didn't have to wait up for me Hwa." He gently whispers as to not wake up the rest of the members. He could hear Yunho's loud snores from down the hallway. He looks at the older who gives him a bright smile while shaking his head.

"I couldn't sleep knowing that you are out and alone. You need to come home more often Joong. I get it that you are passionate but you need to take care of yourself as well." He nags as he stands up, fixing the discarded pillows in the process.

"I know Hwa don't worry. I'm here now alright? Let's get you to bed. I'll join after I shower." He suggests and Seonghwa nods before taking his outstretched hand. Hongjoong guides him in their shared room and tucks him in bed, kissing his forehead. He then quickly gathers a change of clothes and a towel and heads to the bathroom.

After he was done and dressed he visits the rest of his member's rooms, watching them sleep for a few seconds before slowly getting back to his own room. His smile widens even more when he spots Seonghwa's sleeping form. He was always worried about him and asking him to come home so they could all be together.

They were a family after all and one's absence was noticeable. Hongjoong makes a mental note to wake up early and make breakfast for his kids and also wake up Hwa after everything is prepared. The older deserves to rest more after waiting for him till two in the morning. Hongjoong lays down and closes his eyes. His mind is filled with memories of all seven of them. He smiles widely as the words family and home enter his head before letting sleep take over.