Bonus Story 2

You can view the original post here: http://aminoapps.com/p/b9a5w6

*This was for a challenge for ATEEZ Amino.* (Which I got third place!)

Ateez's Spring Break

"Seonghwa, what do you think about going to the beach?" Hongjoong asks his roommate as soon as he enters their room. He promised his members to ask the older for his permission as well since he is always the one to cook for events like this. Not that Hongjoong doesn't feel bad about it but the older's cooking is the best he ever tasted.

"Huh? The beach? When?" Seonghwa asks a bit confused as he starts folding some of the clothes Hongjoong left to tide up later. He knows that Seonghwa likes to practice more when they get some days off but the kids were nagging him about how the eight of them should go somewhere together. And that's the only reason he talked with their manager and managed after numerous pleas to free their Saturday.

"Let's say this Saturday. Are you interested?" He smiles at him when Seonghwa whips his head around. Hongjoong prays that he won't nag him for rescheduling every event they had for that day. Judging by the older's look he is about to do just that.

"Hongjoong tell me that you didn't do what I'm thinking you did..." Seonghwa warns and Hongjoong looks away guiltily. He doesn't have any excuses or valid arguments. Not this time. He knew that Seonghwa would disapprove and he talked about that with the others but they still managed to get him to talk to him. Well, now Hongjoong is ready to suffer and accept the scolding that's about to come.

"Do they really want to go that badly?" Seonghwa sighs instead and Hongjoong freezes for a second before realizing that the older is waiting for his response.

"Yeah. They even made me lose a bet to talk to you. Sorry for not coming to you from the start." Hongjoong apologizes but Seonghwa smiles reassuringly.

"No need to apologize. Go tell them that I agree but they have to pay for all the ingredients I will need so I can cook something. We're not skipping any meals just because we are going to have fun." He smiles despite the serious tone in his voice and Hongjoong moves.

"Oh and Joong. You're paying as well. I'm not leaving you off the hook." The leader hears him say before exiting the room. He already feels his bank account crying.

"Right." He whispers before finding the others.

To say that the younger members are excited would be an understatement. Hongjoong could barely control them. He gave up when the day of their trip arrived. Seonghwa as promised was up early and was already cooking small meals and snacks that would not go bad under the hot sun. Hongjoong tried to wake up a little earlier so he can at least help but he slept through his alarm clock. San and Mingi were assigned to wake him up and Hongjoong still feels their heavy bodies on him.

Everyone had already packed their stuff and wore their swimsuits so Hongjoong quickly gets ready so they can go. Once they settle in the car though everything grows quiet. The energy they all felt is replaced by tiredness and everyone falls asleep. As soon as they reach the beach though, the energy spikes up higher. Seonghwa and Hongjoong didn't even have the time to prepare their beach towels or umbrellas and the younger members are already in the water.

"Aren't you coming?" Hongjoong asks once everything is settled. He was ready to go and join the others after they screamed for them to hurry up. He watches as Seonghwa lays down in one of the towels wearing his sunglasses.

"It's been a while so I will just relax for the time being. Go and play with them and I'll watch you guys from here and pay attention to our staff as well." He smiles widely at him and Hongjoong smiles back while nodding. He doesn't comment that that's why they have their manager with them.

The water is cold but he doesn't have time to get used to it before someone picks him up and throws him in the water. Judging by the strength and effortless effort it was Jongho. He splashes him when he surfaces and everyone soon joins. Laughter is heard from all around him and everyone feels happy but something is missing. He catches the other members looking at Seonghwa who is still laying down, with an evil glint in their eyes. He knows what they are about to do but he doesn't warn Seonghwa.

Instead, he helps them approach him and grab the older when he realizes what's going on. Seonghwa doesn't resist even when they throw him in the water. He laughs loudly and starts chasing them so he can splash them in revenge. They play in the water some more while some members are building different things in the sand and fight playfully before they go back to their towels to dry off and eat.

Every single thing it was prepared was quickly devoured. Some members even went to buy ice cream after they lost a game of rock paper scissors. Two ice creams each later, ten sandcastles built, and numerous beautiful seashells acquired, they pack their stuff watching the sunset as they sit close to each other. Hongjoong thinks it was the best day ever. One that he is going to remember for a long time. The ride back is quiet as everyone falls asleep once again.

Hongjoong hopes they can create more memories like this soon when he goes to bed that night with a big smile on his face.