Chapter 2

It was a bright Saturday morning. Peter was on his way to Avengers Tower, formally known as Stark Tower, for his usual internship.

Friday's were his favorite since he got to work on interns floor or with Tony Stark in his lab, which was his favorite part, till Sunday evenings. 

But this particular Friday wasn't good at all. Since it was Ben Parker aka Peter's relative's death anniversary. Whom he saw as a father.

He had told Tony about the death anniversary, on which he sent his prayers and said that Peter could come in early on Saturday.

Which is what he was doing right now. Standing infront of the famous Tower, he took some deep breaths which he did when his spider sense warns him of some kind of threat.

But this threat at the moment was not imminent, but was there nonetheless. He braced himself just in case and headed into the lobby of the building. He went directly to the elevators and scanned his security pass.

Once he did F.R.I.D.A.Y wished him a good morning and started the elevator. Once he was on the floor, he looked around to see there was no one there.

Which was very weird, since avengers would be either in the living room watching T.V or in kitchen.

When he saw no one he asked    F.R.I.D.A.Y, "Hey, where is everyone?" She replied instantly, "Everyone is apparently in Mr. Stark's lab."

'Ok that is weird. Why is everyone in Mr. Stark's lab?' Peter thought confusion totally written on his face as he walked towards the lab.

When he entered, he heard everyone laughing and appreciating someone. "Hey everyone! Why is everyone here? Is something going on?" Peter asked while.

What saw in the next millisecond confused him. As he asked, everyone turned and looked at the source of sound. The laughing and smiling faces turned into serious.

Tony spoke up "Hey Peter. What are you doing here this early?" With a fake smile. Which obviously Peter was not oblivious too replied "You said that I could come in early today since I couldn't come yesterday. What was everyone laughing about?"

"Oh its just Tony brought up a kid from interns lab and man he's intelligent maybe more than you." Bruce replied. Saying Peter was shock an understatement. Not because someone was more intelligent than him, no definitely not. He wouldn't even accept that he was intelligent, which he was.

He was more shocked on how Bruce had replied him. It was in a manner that he was done with Peter. "His name is Kevin Roberts." Tony said while gesturing for the said intern to introduce him.

"As Mr. Stark said my name is Kevin Roberts. Its very nice to meet you Peter Parker." The intern said while holding his hand out to shake.

But what struck as odd to Peter was how did he knew his full name. The moment he entered everyone has only said his first name. Besides he never heard of Kevin Roberts, as he use to visit the interns lab often he had remembered everyone's name.
And there was no one named Kevin Roberts.

He didn't shook his hand but simply asked "On what floor do you work on? Because last time I checked there was no one named Kevin Roberts working in interns lab." Which surprised many of the avengers. Not the fact that Peter knew everyone in interns lab, but the fact that he was so rude to guy who was being nice to him.

"Peter! What the hell is with you? Not only you reject his handshake which he was very kind to offer but you also accuse him of lying?" Tony scolded. It was more like shouted at him.

All were giving him disappointed looks. "Its okay Mr. Stark. If Peter doesn't know me its not his fault. Its not like he knows every intern here anyways." Kevin said to the billionaire calmly.

Before anyone could say anything Peter said with a hint of anger in his voice "First of all no one gave you the rights to call me by my first name. Secondly for your kind information, i know every single name of the intern that works here."

"Peter what is wrong with you?!"
This time it was the Black Widow who asked the spider.

Now usually Peter wouldn't get angry on such trivial things as calling him by his first name. What is setting him off here is that this guy is the reason his spider sense has been going off since he got here.

Now his friends were angry at him not for shaking his hand. Who gets angry on that?! Its as if he's someone very important or something, which he definitely isnt.

"Its okay Ms. Widow. I dont mind at all. I'm sorry Parker." Kevin said as if they were friends or something.

"Anyways kid I think you should leave for today. You already caused to much trouble here." Surprisingly it was Clint who said it, with disappointment clear on his face.

"But-" Before Peter could continue Tony already ended for him "Peter enough! Just leave for today or else i will make you leave using force."

Peter who had no words to say simply nodded and headed for the exit. Before he left completely he turned around to ask one last thing "Sir what about my daily reports?" Tony, who understood what the spider meant (he meant his reports about his daily patrols), sighed and replied giving an indirect answer "Yeah about that there is no need for that anymore. I dont need you to report me about every little thing. If thats all, exit is right behind you." The billionaire said leaving no room for argue.

Peter started leaving, when he was almost out he said "Thank You" in a shaky voice, which will leave the Avengers devastated when they return to their senses.

During all this no one noticed a certain person's devilish smile which crept onto his face, without him realising.