Chapter 4

Once Peter left the Tower he couldn't hold back any tears that were threatening to fall. He didn't care if people gave him weird or sympathetic looks, all he cared about was that he had to get back home and hug May cry onto her shoulder.

He did exactly that. Both May and Ned, who was informed by May that Peter was going to the tower and Ned being the good friend he is, wanted to be there when he got back from Tower.

He cried for almost 15 minutes, but then told them what had exactly happened. Saying May was disappointed would be an understatement.

It was Ned who broke the silence by asking Peter, "So, what will you do now? I mean, I know you will keep being Spider-man but what if something happened that requires Avengers as well? You will have to eventually face them." Ned asked with a hint of worry.

Peter stopped and thought about it for a while and then replied him with a small smile. "If it comes to that, then I won't have any other choice. I will team up with them. Since our orders directly comes from Director Fury, we don't exactly have to communicate."

May being the adult she is tried to cheer Peter up and announced that it was movie night. That's how they spent their weekend.

Next Day (Monday)

Peter spent his weekend with his aunt and also being Spider-man. During all this he tried his best to forget what had transpired the week before. But during all this he knew he was forgetting something which was very important.

He knew if he remembered this something he forgot, he will be able to help the avengers. But he couldn't seem to remember what it was.

As he was trying to remember this something, he had already reached the school. He mentally prepared himself for what's about to come. Flash's taunts now mostly centered around him getting fired, otherwise he was left alone.

During the entire school time, he was surprisingly able to pay attention which seemed to have lessoned since his real internship had started. In his second last class, which was Chemistry, Principal had announced that every student had to gather in the auditorium for some special Announcement.

Peter and Ned, as well as the other kids around them, gave each other confused looks. Those who were enjoying the class, specifically Peter, didn't wanted to leave. But a look from Mr. Cobwell made them change their minds.

Peter, Ned and MJ, who was in different class from them, sat far from the stage. Everyone was conversing among themselves, when Principal Morita came up the stage and began speaking.

"Good Evening everyone. Today I have gathered all of you here because we have a very special guest today who has a special proposal to offer, to our very bright students. Please give a round of applause for Justin Hammer!"

As he finished his sentence there were loud sound of applauses coming from every direction of the Auditorium.

Justin Hammer stepped on the stage smiling and waving his hand. Once the applauds died down he began his speech.

"Thank you all for the amazing welcome! Now I won't beat around bush and will just get to the point. Hammer Industries has decided to initiate its very first Internship Program. And I have decided to offer paid internship to one of you lucky students!"

As he finished his sentence the whole auditorium erupted in cheers and applause. Even Peter, Ned and MJ were applauding thinking one or the other may just end up with the internship.

Interning for Hammer Industries or Stark Industries was a once in a lifetime opportunity Only an idiot  would give up such an opportunity.

Soon as everyone calmed down Justin Hammer continued speaking, "I will personally be choosing the intern because the said student will be my personal intern! All you have to do is tell one your teachers if you want to apply and be present at the test day. I will grade your test personally and you will be informed after a week. The test will be conducted on This Friday! Students you all have four days to apply. I will see you soon."

Justin Hammer finished his speech and left the auditorium. Just as he left Principal Morita came up to the mic and informed everyone that they all are dismissed for today.

As students left the auditorium Peter and his friends decided to meet up at his locker after them had gathered their belongings.

Once they were at Peter's locker, Ned started "Dude you will be applying right? Because I know I will. What about you MJ?" MJ just shrugged and replied "I just might. Given that its paid internship many won't let go of this opportunity. What about you Peter?" MJ asked facing towards Peter who seemed to be wondering the same thing.

"I guess I might just do it. I don't have anything else. But I don't if I should. What if I apply and Mr. Stark call me back? I know that its stupid to think." Peter said while leaning on the lockers and looking at the ceiling.

The sad look he had in his eyes didn't go unnoticed by his two best friends. Both Ned and MJ shared a look and Ned said, "That's why we are telling you to apply." Peter gave him a confused look and asked "What do you mean?"

"I mean if you apply and win the internship, soon you will be noticed for your brilliance and will be all over the NEWS and when Tony Stark and the Avengers see you on the NEWS, as Tony Stark's potential rival they will contact you and you tell them how it felt that day! After that its up to you then whether you wanna forgive them or not." Ned replied while having stars in his eyes and smiling like an idiot.

"Sure I will do that. But one of you could be chosen too. Then what?" Peter asked while laughing. "Then we will do the same. Ignore them!" MJ replied while smirking.

At that moment Peter thought how blessed he was with such great best friends. To go through such lengths for him. "Thanks both of you!" Peter said while smiling as if he had won 100 thousand dollars lottery or something.

The Next day all three of them applied for the internship. At the end of Thursday half of the school had applied for the internship. Others who hadn't, had other plans for their future.

Soon enough Friday came around and the students who had applied, were sitting in different classrooms and were giving there best in the test. For Peter, who was genius, had some problems here and there otherwise he smoothly attempted the entire test. From his class he was the first one to finish and leave the class.

The students were given 2 hours and 15 minutes for the test. And Peter finished it in 1 hour and 15 minutes, a whole hour to spare. Outside he waited for his friends who joined him after 30 mins. They all went out and enjoyed their day.

Unbeknownst to them that this simple test would lead  to so much more than they had never thought of. That this simple 2 hours and 15 minutes test would be the end of their Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman. And give rise to something more sinister.