4. pass

You began to rush forward. Maybe you could catch him. But he was too close to the ground, and you were still too far away. You stopped running and watched in horror as he neared his doom.

SMACK!

A girl with brown hair slapped Broccoli Hair's cheek, and he floated safely back down to the ground. You sighed in relief and turned around to look at the crowd behind you. They were all as stunned as you were.

"TIME'S UP!!" Present Mic yelled, a siren wail following shortly after. So that was it, then. The test was over. You could only hope you'd amassed enough points to pass.

Everyone gathered around Broccoli Hair. They chattered amongst themselves, saying how cool his quirk was, wondering how a kid with such extreme power could be so timid. You looked at him from afar, noticing the way his limbs splayed in awkward directions. You cringed. Had his own quirk really done that to him? What kind of quirk hurt its user?

You shook your head with a sigh. It didn't matter right now. That was none of your business. There was only one thing you could worry about now.

Did I pass...?

·°·°·°·

The thought ran through your head the whole way home. You'd decided to walk instead of calling your parents for a ride. No doubt they were bursting with anticipation to hear how it went, but you'd needed a little time to mull over the events of the day by yourself.

Even though you were worried about your results, your thoughts somehow turned to Red Eyes again. You furrowed your brows. What was his deal? Why was he such an ass to Broccoli Hair? Yeah, he'd been snappy at you as well, but it seemed like he had something against the poor kid.

Truth be told, when you saw his eyes, you entertained the idea that maybe, just maybe, Red Eyes was your soulmate. The color of his eyes was the same as the one on your cheeks, after all. But there was no way. There couldn't be. The universe wouldn't be so cruel as to pair you up with him, right?

You looked up, realizing you'd made it to your house. You took a deep breath and opened the door. "I'm home," you called out. Your mom dashed out from the living room and engulfed you in a hug. You laughed and returned the hug.

"Here, come sit," she said, grabbing your wrist and pulling you into the living room. Your dad was there sitting on the couch. Your mom pulled you down on the couch between them. They were both beaming at you, clearly excited to hear all about it. "Well? How'd it go?"

"Well, the results won't come for at least a week, so..." you trailed off, looking between the two of them. They didn't say anything, so you continued. "I think I did alright on the written test. I'm just worried about whether or not I got enough points in the battle part."

Your mom grabbed onto your shoulder and pulled you into a quick side hug. "I'm sure you did wonderful, (Y/N)."

"Don't worry too much, shortstack," your dad said, patting your head and ruffling your hair. You snorted at the nickname. He'd used it ever since you could remember, and you were sure he would still call you that even if you were ten feet tall. "I know you'll get in."

The day proceeded as normal. Your mom made your favorite meal for supper, and soon after you headed off to bed. You lied there, trying to sleep, but somehow your thoughts would keep turning back to Red Eyes. You groaned in frustration, pressing your palms against your closed eyelids.

You just couldn't figure him out. He was a jackass, but there had to be more to him than that. You admitted to yourself that yeah, he was attractive. Though plenty of attractive people were bad people. Were your thoughts really just plagued by him because you thought he was attractive?