5. oh no

"And you're absolutely sure you've packed everything you need?"

"Yes, Mom, I think after triple checking I would know if I forgot anything."

Your first day at UA. You were excited, obviously, but definitely nervous as well. Although maybe your mom was even more so. You were in the car, sitting outside of campus, and she still wasn't ready to let you go. It was a good thing you arrived pretty early.

"I'm sorry, honey, it's just..." she paused, getting all teary-eyed, "my baby is growing up!"

You scoffed and rolled your eyes with a smile. "C'mon, Mom, don't give me that. I gotta go!"

"Okay, okay," she resigned, "just give me a hug before you do." You complied with her request, leaning over the arm rest of your seat to wrap your arms around her. She gave you a quick squeeze before pulling away. "Alright, now go before I get even more emotional," she laughed.

"Okay," you chuckled, opening the door and stepping out, "love you."

"Love you too," she replied. And with that, you closed the door. You waved to your mom as she drove away before turning to face the journey ahead of you. Taking a deep breath, you walked through the gates of UA High.

It wasn't long before you noticed someone familiar walking a little ways ahead of you.

"Koda!" you called, raising your hand high in a wave to get his attention. He jumped at the sudden disturbance, but quickly relaxed and smiled when he turned and saw you. He gave a timid wave back and stopped, allowing you to catch up to him.

Koda was your friend from grade school. Scratch that, your best friend. Since you both had animal related quirks, you'd both bonded rather quickly. You were still friends through middle school, but you didn't get to see each other often due to going to separate schools. And now here he was, walking into the same school as you once again.

"I had no idea you even applied for UA!" you exclaimed. He gave you a sheepish smile.

"S-sorry, I guess it has been a while since we last talked," he said quietly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Don't worry about it," you replied, smiling back reassuringly. "Anyway, what class are you in?"

"Class 1-A. You?"

You gasped. "That's the same one I'm in!"

You chatted with each other as you walked. Eventually, you came to the classroom door.

"Wow, this thing is huge," you mumbled. You took another deep breath. You were suddenly a lot more nervous than you were before. You reached for the handle, glancing back over at Koda. He nodded, and you opened the door.

Well, the scene before you sure was something.

There were a few students milling about, and you noticed some quirks right away that really sparked your interest. Glasses was there, yelling at another student to stop disrespecting his fellow classmates.

The student in question was none other than Bakugo Katsuki himself.

"Aw, crap," you mumbled. You were hoping you wouldn't have to deal with him again.

"What's wrong?" Koda asked.

You sighed and shook your head. "I'll tell you about it later," you replied. And you would. You trusted Koda with your life. He nodded and walked off to try and introduce himself to your other classmates.

Bakugo's eyes flickered over to you for a moment, and you made brief eye contact. He glanced away quickly, furrowing his brows in annoyance and making a 'tch' noise. He turned his attention back to Glasses, but Glasses was now preoccupied with someone behind you. And wouldn't you know it, that someone was Broccoli Hair. You would have joined in the conversation, but another girl had already done so. You recognized her as the one who saved him during the exam. You figured it best to let them be. You glanced back over at Bakugo.