|32|

Xavier's POV:

"You're suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, Xavier."

"But doesn't that usually occur right after an accident?" I asked him.

"No, it can happen months or years after an accident and for you, it seems that it took three years after the first one, and a few months after the second one." He briefly explained and I nodded.

It all made sense. I was getting flashbacks and nightmares of the two explosions. My behavior changed drastically which affected...the guys. It caused me to run away from the source of the problem which was the warehouse...and Alvaro, Felix, Enzo, Kai, and Quincy. They were the last people that I saw before I passed out.

I didn't tell anybody, but when Amir had called the last minute meeting, I ended up having a nightmare that night, but it wasn't as bad as when we were down in the cells. It's as if being at the warehouse triggered me to have a flashback and panic attack.

But that wouldn't be an excuse for acting the way I was towards the guys, would it? I couldn't control myself...or could I?

"Does it go away?"

The doctor nodded, "Yes, but you'll have to take medication to help with the symptoms and go to therapy for about three months. The therapy will help you to go back to normal and take control of the trauma so that you're not as affected by it."

"Will I go back to being my old self?"

"The therapy will help you with that, but after suffering from severe trauma, it changes you. You may be similar to your old self, but not exactly the same." He patted my leg and smiled, "Do you have any more questions?"

"When will I be able to go back home?"

"I'll let you go in three days, but you'll have to come back after a week to get the stitches removed." I nodded and thanked him, and he stepped out, "Do you want to tell your friends, or would you like me to tell them?"

"I prefer if you told them, please. Once you finish, can you send Cameron up here?"

"Of course." He gave me one last smile and I heard his footsteps get quieter and quieter as he walked away.

I closed my eyes and sighed. I'm scared for what's going to happen after I leave the hospital. I think I'll spend the rest of my time here until I have to get my stitches removed, then I'll go back to California. I wasn't even ready to talk to everyone. I didn't want to explain why I ran away, why I did all of this.

Now that I think about it, what's going to happen if I killed those six men? I was obviously shot and stabbed, so the hospital must've alerted the police, right? What did Cameron, Hunter, and Evan tell them?

If the land was in fact private property, I'd be sent to prison for killing all six of those men and I would probably die there of old age. Or maybe I'll get the death penalty and I'll die in two years after all the court dates that I would have to attend.

Death penalty didn't sound too bad. I deserve it for killing all those people that I've killed.

But they were bad people and the six men from last night were trying to attack you and your friends. You fought to protect them. Only you were hurt which isn't anything new, and it wasn't as bad as going into a coma.

I mentally groaned and forced those thoughts to go away. I'll just ask Cameron once he gets here.

__________

I woke up at some point in the day and looked around the room, seeing Cameron sitting next to me as he held my hand. He smiled and gently squeezed my hand.