Blonde

Jughead POV

I wake up to the sound of my alarm, it's shrill sound ringing in my ears. I slam my hand down on the clock shutting off the horrific sound. I sit up and pull my beanie on over my black hair, the feeling of safety that comes with my worn crown beanie washes over me like a wave. I get out of bed and begin my daily routine. Breakfast which consists of coffee and toast. Wash the dishes in the small metal sink. Shower and change into clean clothes, a charcoal S shirt with brown suspenders hanging off my black ripped jeans, and my feet adorned with combat boots. Once I am dressed I sling my satchel over my shoulders and grab my keys but not before I slip on my worn leather jacket fitting on like a second skin.

I step outside and lock the door to my trailer. I used to share with my dad before he was arrested. I walk over to my bike, swinging my foot over the side I sit down and kick up the stand. Sliding the key into the ignition and turning, I hear the engine start with a satisfying roar. As I make my way across town, the wind blowing the hair that peeks from under my precious beanie I begin to think about my life here in Riverdale, a life much better than the 14 year old me would have predicted. I have a family, a family of people like me mismatched with pasts We would rather forget. I have a group of friends who I would never be able to live without.  I have a home, not a house like I used to have but a home. And best of all I have a girlfriend who loves and cares about me as much as I care and love about her.

Speaking of girlfriends. I pull into the driveway of the Cooper residence and make my way towards the door. Stopping in front of said door I stop and raise my knuckles, knocking on the door. Then the door opens and I see the most beautiful girl in the world, my girlfriend Betty Cooper.

"Are you ready to go to school?" I ask, giving the blonde a peck on the cheek.
"Yup," she replies popping the 'p'
"Then let's go," I hold out my hand and she takes it without hesitation
We hop on my bike and I drive to school

-student lounge-

My friends and I are sitting in the lounge and talking, I have my arm slung around by girlfriends shoulders as she leans into my side. lifting my free hand I slip off my beanie to run my hand through my messy hair, making it even messier than normal.

My hand flops gracelessly while I look up from where I was staring at the ground to see ten pairs of abnormally wide eyes staring at me, after a couple seconds they all shake their heads and pretend like nothing is wrong but I've known these people for years, I look around questioningly waiting to see if anyone will say anything but when nothing happens I let out a sigh.

"I give up, why are you all looking at me like that?" 

silence. I raise my eyebrow

"Well um." Archie starts not really knowing what to say but not to worry Veronica lodge to the rescue, blunt as usual she waves her hand towards my hair.
"You're hair is blonde," she states matter of factly "Well not completely but your roots are blonde and there are some blonde streaks in your hair,"
Then Cheryl removes herself from Toni's face "did you dye it because trust me blonde and black do NOT go together. especially on you,"
I feel my face pale. When was the last time I dyed my hair? How do I explain why my hair is black? I suck at lying! Ugh why? Why? Why? I grab my beanie and shove it on my head inhumanly fast.
"Jughead, Jughead! JUGHEAD!" I feel someone shaking my arm and I snap out of my thoughts, to see my girlfriend looking at me confused,
"Hm yeah?"
"I said are you ok, you kinda zoned out," she asked concerned
"Oh I'm fine just thinking about how much god hates me." I say
"Ok well if you can stop that dramatic thunderstorm hanging over your head and explain why you are suddenly blonde that would be wonderful." Cheryl says filing her nails,
"Oh ummmm,"
"Oh come on out with it hobo," I glare at the red head
"Well I'm actually naturally blonde but I dye my hair black," this statement got a wide range of answers most of them being
"YOURE BLONDE!"
"Well yeah that's what I just said," I say in a duh tone
Once everyone has calmed down Veronica asks
"Why would you dye your hair black?"
"Maybe it's just part of his whole depressed emo style," Cheryl responds before I can get a word in."
"No it's because when I moved to Riverdale I wanted a fresh start so I ditched the whole blonde nerd in a sweater vest style dyed my hair black and changed my attire," I say with a shrug.
Then Toni starts laughing her head off,
"What's so funny," I ask the pink haired girl who is now crying with laughter,
"You *wheeze* Jughead Jones were a-a-a nerd!?!?" I roll my eyes,
"Is that seriously the only part you got out of that,"
"Mmhmm," well that's just wonderful I think to myself as the pink haired girl continues her cackling.

"So why did you leave?" Archie asks oblivious to the obvious 'I don't want to discuss this anymore' vibes I have been giving off.

I sigh "apart from the fact that my girlfriend cheated on me with my Identical twin brother who constantly got the two of us in trouble because he was bored,"

"Ouch, at least you have a much more amazing girlfriend now right?" Kevin says, popping out of nowhere.

I look over and put my arm around betty's shoulder, "yes, yes I do," giving her a soft smile which is beautifully returned.

"You. Were. A. Nerd," Toni wheezed

"And You. Are A. Jerk

Now if you don't mind I am going to skip school, buy some hair dye and redo my hair before anyone asks why I have blonde hair."

-After Jughead has left-

"so are we all going to skip over the fact that Jughead has a twin or is that just me?" The raven haired girl comments while sipping her coffee.

Hey everyone thank you for reading I hope you have enjoyed the first chapter of my story! This is my first story so I am very grateful for the support! I hope you keep reading and enjoy my story!

-finnShark05