Familiar Faces

I finish the sixth chapter of my novel and look up at the clock.

2:45

Class will get out in 30 minutes. If I leave the trailer now I should arrive at pops' a couple minutes early to meet with the Scooby doo gang. With that thought in mind I turn off my computer and plug it into the charger so that it's it has battery for later. I get up from the couch and chuck my jacket on, I grab my keys and wallet patting my side to make sure my phone is in my pocket and walk out of the trailer, locking the door behind me. I walk over and hop on my motorbike patting a barking Hotdog on the way past. Revving the engine I drive out of the trailer park and make my way to the diner.

I pull up and park my motorbike in my usual spot making sure to kick down my stand so the bike doesn't fall over. I pull my keys out and swing my leg over and get off the bike before walking over to the door and pushing it open. The familiar smell of coffee and the fast food grease fill my nose.

"Jughead my boy! you're here early where's the rest of your little Scooby doo gang?" a loud happy voice calls out over the loud chattering of people.

"Hey Pop, I left school early the others should be here in 10," I call back walking over to the jolly man.

"Wonderful! You're usual then?" This guy must be a superhuman because he has memorised every order to perfection, the fact that I have spent half of my time in river dale in here may have contributed to my orders but holy hell does this man have a good memory.

"Yes please, can you start my friends order please," with that Pop Tate turns around to call the order, I walk over to the usual booth and sit next to the window facing the door so I can see when my friends arrive.

Five minutes later the bell over the door rings and a group of people walk in, as I look from person to person I feel my face pale further and further. There standing in the doorway looking around is four of the most painful ghosts of my past.

Maddie, London, Bailey and Zach.

I duck my head as they look towards me, pulling my beanie further over my face. I let out a deep breath as they look away and make their way to a booth on the other side of the diner.

2 minutes later the bell chimes and my friends walk into the diner, I lift my head and wave them over, relieved that they finally arrived so I can forget about my brother.

"Hey guys, how was school today," I ask as everyone slips into the booth, Betty beside me with Veronica and Archie on her other side, Cheryl, Kevin, and Toni sitting across from me. Betty gives me a peck when she sits down before looking back at everyone.

"It was interesting to say the least, you did drop a big bomb on us earlier" Archie points out with a small nod of his head.

"Yeah sorry bout that," I reply rubbing the back of my neck,

"So what did you do after you went home?" Toni asks me

"I died my hair agin, and then did some writing." I answer

"Sounds boring," Cheryl states rudely "but I must say I'm glad you did, black and blonde are NOT a good combo especially on you. Besides blonde wouldn't suit you're depressing hobo style"

I chuckle "Thanks Cheryl really appreciate it" I say "minus the bitchiness that must be one of the kindest thing you've every said to me," I place my hands on my heart and giving her a very insincere smile, her smug smirk widens.

"My pleasure Hobo." I roll my eyes at the nickname while Toni lightly snaps Cheryl as a silent berate.

A second later Pop comes up to our table with our orders giving us a smile and greeting the rest of the group "here's your food kiddos, hope you enjoy,"

"We always do Pop," Archie says with a smile

We all dig into our food and chat about this and that when Cheryl drops the fry she was holding her eyes focused somewhere else, then she reaches over the table and starts whacking my arm.

"Cheryl?" I ask concerned "are you all right?"

she looks back and forth between me and whatever she was looking at "did someone slip something in my drink or am I seeing double?" everyone looks at each other confused except Kevin who is looking in the same direction as Cheryl.

"If you are than I am too, because if my eyes aren't deceiving me than I can say with one hundred percent certainty that there is a second Jughead sitting on the other side of the diner," Kevin says pointing in the direction of a table across the room, jaw drops their eyes widening.

"Holy crap," Veronica says, and I can't help but agree. I totally forgot that they were here, how could I be this stupid?

I turn back and follow my friends line of sight to see four teens our age sitting at a tale drinking milkshakes, and I bet you ten bucks the blondes drink is chocolate, wanna now how because the blonde is the one the only

Zach Martin

My Brother...

Hey guys I know I haven't posted in a while but I've been pretty busy, I hope you enjoyed my story and will continue reading. Thanks for the support it is greatly appreciated!

-finnShark05