prologue.

there they sat. the waterfalls can be heard, loud. it burbles.

"have you heard of chen? that story?"

"from the 9th grade, class 3?"

"was there anyone of that name in class?"

it happened 26 years ago. he'd been popular, ever since 7th grade. he was smart, handsome, and had a great personality. so he was loved by students and teachers alike.

"yeah, there's at least one person like that in every grade."

but shortly, after he started the 9th grade, chen died unexpectedly. 

"huh? how did that happen? unexpectedly?"

i heard it was an accident. so, everyone was really shocked. until suddenly, someone said it.

"said what?"

he pointed to chen's desk and said, "chen's right there, he's not dead. he was never dead."

"was that....."

well, it was just an act. but from that day on, class 3 continued to behave as though chen was still alive. some of them even admitted they had felt it, they had felt that he's still there, and that he still wants to join the class everyday and every lesson.

"that's kind of creepy."

they kept the act up until graduation. the principal even arranged to have, chen's seat included in their graduation ceremony.

"isn't that a good thing?"

sure, if it had ended there.

"there's more?"

it opened a curse and a story that will forever remain in the hearts of the villagers in yomiyama.