A Peek into the Past

I wake up early the next morning to go to work. There isn't a concert tonight but we need to make sure nothing has stopped working. We started doing this because, one time, a microphone stopped working during an off week and, when we came back, there wasn't any time to replace it so we lost a gig. I head over to the concert hall and start randomly flipping buttons and turning things on.

My phone goes off.

From- Logan *.*

Hey babe! I was wondering if you'd like to hang tonight? There's a new movie playing at the theater.

To: Logan *.*

Sure! What movie?

From: Logan *.*

Hunger games. Great! I'll pick you up at 8! Where do you live?

I text him back my flat complex and flat number. I double check all the sound stuff and clock out, thankful for everything working. Suddenly, my phone chimes with a ringtone. I press answer without sparing a look at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I say.

"Jenna! Hey, it's Liam. Uh, the boys and I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out tonight." he says nervously. My attitude comes out. I mean, this is the same guy who came in MY flat telling me who I could and couldn't date!

"Oh Sorry! Bad night! I'm going on another date with Logan!" I squeal, a little too happy.

"What?"

"You heard me! Logan and I are going to go watch a movie together!"

"Jenna, could I meet this guy?"

"Uh, no. Why would I let you meet him? So you could go off on him like you went off on me?"

"Jenna! That is unfair! I want to meet this guy for your own good! What if he's some jerk?" his temper rises.

"Well, I think I would know by now! I mean, we had a great time on that Ferris Wheel!"

"Jenna! I just want to make sure he is good for my sister!"

"You didn't care before! Why do you care now? What did you do when Dad kicked me out of the house? Nobody was there for me, especially not you! Meanwhile, you were on X Factor having the time of your life! You know, some people have to work for a living, Liam."

"Dad kicked you out?" Liam asks, his voice softer. Count on Daddy Direction to have that be the only thing he heard.

"Yes he did." I state simply. The memories flow back. He yelled at me, telling me I was worthless and good for nothing. He told me to get out forever. He threw all of my stuff out, breaking anything valuable. I ran out and picked up the few things that had survived and I made a life for myself, working with the sound at the concert hall. I slept out on benches until I had enough money for my little flat. Euro by euro, I soon made enough money to get my bike. It is the most valuable and meaningful thing I own. It marks my freedom, my independence. It shows how I don't need anyone to live, to thrive.

"I'm sorry, Jenna. I wish I knew sooner. I would've loved to help. I'm also sorry about flipping out over this Logan guy..." Liam cuts into my thoughts.

"I'm sorry, too. I shouldn't have accused you of all that stuff. If you want to meet Logan, you can. In fact, I could bring him to my flat and y'all could come meet him tonight."

"Are you sure? I mean, if you don't want me to meet him...."

"No no, it's fine. I was just being a brat. I will tell him the new plans."

"okay, can Louis come? He's been bugging us about how he hasn't seen you today because you had work."

"I have not!" a voice yells from the background. I chuckle a little.

"Sure. They can all come if they want. Any guy I date will have to deal with all of my brothers." I joke. Liam laughs and I hear a couple of cheers.

"Okay, see you at?"

"Uh, 6ish."

"Okay, bye! See you!"

"Okay bye"

I press the end button and hop on my bike. I head back to my little flat and a thought occurs to me. How are we going to fit 8 people in here? Not to mention, comfortably... I mentally set a reminder to suggest going and getting coffee or something. Maybe going out to dinner?

Gosh, I just hope Liam likes Logan...

If he doesn't, well....

Let's just say...

Logan was nice while he lasted.