Pulling Through

I become aware of my motionless body. It feels limp and heavy. I hear voices.

"she'll pull through. She's strong." a voice says. It sounds shaky but trying to stay strong for the sake of someone else. Hold up. When did I get so good at reading people? I'm not, except for with one person: Liam. So it must be Liam.

"What if she doesn't? Liam, i screwed it up with the kiss. She's been avoiding me ever since. We ran into each other in the hallway and she didn't even look up, just ran away. I messed up big. And now she's lying on a hospital bed, taking twice as long to recover than they thought. What if..."

"No more what ifs, Louis. She'll be okay. I know she will. I pulled through and she's the stronger one of the twins." Liam says.

"I don't know what to do. I think... Nevermind." Louis starts.

"Go on. What do you think?"

"I think I'm in love with your sister." he says.

Realization dawns on me. He's talking about me. What?!? I almost faint right then and there.

"Louis, tell her."

"I can't. She has a boyfriend."

"Not for long. He's a jerk"

"Yeah, but we don't know how long it will take for her to find that out."

"I don't know, Lou, but I hope it's soon. I can't stand hearing him talk about her like that. He acts like she's a doll that's his for the taking." Liam says.

I begin to get a little angry. This is my boyfriend they're talkin about! I calm down because if I blow up, they'd know I was eavesdropping. The door swings open.

"Is she doing any better?" I hear Harry's thick accent fill the room.

I assume someone must have nodded or something because I hear Harry slump against the doorframe.

"You guys go sleep and eat. Niall and I will keep an eye on her." he says. I hear shoes hit the floor. Oh wait. Yay! Niall is here! I love that lad so much. What can I say? He's my best mate. I shift around in the bed before prying my eyes open.

"Jenna!" two voices collide. My eyesight comes back and I see a happy Harry and Niall.

"Hey guys!" I pipe.

"How are you?" Harry asks.

"perfectly fine." I state.

"Great! You better be! You've only been asleep for a week!" Niall says.

"A week?!?"

"Yeah, you really had us worried there. You were only supposed to take 1-3 days." He says. I chuckle.

"Heh heh. Oops?" I offer. They smile.

"it's okay. You're awake now!"

"We have to get Louis! And Liam! And Rachel! And everyone else!" Harry says.

"Who's here?" I ask.

"Us, Liam, Louis, Zayn, Rachel, and Mrs. Payne." Niall answers. No Logan?

"Oh wow. a lot of people are here." I state simply.

"Yeah! We'll be right back." Harry says. They run off to get everyone else. I snatch up my phone and see 50 messages, almost all from Logan. I click into them. I read the first few ones, mostly 'where are you.'

But, as I scroll down, my heart breaks.