Hurt

The door swings open.

"Jenna!" exclaims a suddenly happy Harry. He wraps his arms around me and hugs me. How many hugs am I getting today? His smile falters a little. Then he turns back into the flat. "Louis!" he yells. I gulp.

"Harry, leave me alone." I hear Louis shout. Harry looks at me.

"He hasn't come out of his room all day." he states. He gestures for me and Liam to come in.

"you should go talk to him." Liam says. I take a deep breath.

"okay." I say. I stand up and walk down the hall to his bedroom door. I hesitate before knocking.

"Go away Harry." Louis mumbles. I turn the door handle slowly and open the door. "Harry, I said go... Jenna?" he starts. His face lights up.

"JENNA!!" he yells and squeezes me. "I am so sorry! Don't run away again! We all thought you were gone for good! We missed you so much!" he rambles.

"I missed you too, Lou." I say.

"Then why did you leave?" he asks quietly. I didn't dare tell him about Logan. Something was keeping me from spilling my guts to him.

"Don't worry. I'm not leaving again." I say, avoiding the question. His smile returns. Suddenly, the mood shifts. Our gazes lock. Neither of us dare to move. His hand gently pushes back a strand of hair. He cups my face and pulls me closer. Our lips meet and the world stops. His arms rest around my waist and mine rest around his neck.

It hits me like a punch. I push him away.

"Louis, I have a boyfriend." I state, shaking slightly. Hurt registers across his face. He quickly masks it.

"Err, I'm sorry." he says. I look down at my feet.

"No, I am." I spin on my heels and walk out to the living room. I mask my emotions. I look up and see Zayn.

"Zayn!" I squeal. I run up and give him a hug.

"No more running!" he states.

"I promise." I peer around. "Where's Liam?"

Harry smirks. My phone goes off.

From: Rachel

Hey! I hear ur back! C u soon!

See you soon? Wait, is she... The door flings open. Yep, she's here.

"Rachel!!!" I yell. Another person enters: Liam. Wait, Liam? Oh my gosh... "You're dating?!?!"

Their cheeks both flush deep red.

"No!" they yell. I roll my eyes. They need to. I hug Rachel and Louis walks out calmly. I avoid eye contact. The door swings open and in walks Niall.

"Jenna! I thought you said you weren't coming back?!?" he exclaims. Everyone looks at him.

"You talked to her??" Harry asks.

"Me? What? No..."he says unbelievingly. I chuckle.

"oh, you trusted Niall and not me? What a great best friend you are!" Rachel exclaims. I laugh.

"I thought I was your best mate!" Niall protests.

"You are my best mate, but Rachel's my best friend." I clarify.

"Oh... Can you do that?" Niall asks.

"Of course I can! Maybe you can't, but superwoman can!" I shout.

"Who's superwoman?" Zayn asks. I feign shock.

"Me!" I squeal.

"That's funny! Louis always says he's superman." Harry points out. That makes everything awkward. I chuckle humorlessly and Louis just looks at the floor. My phone goes off and saves me.

From: Logan *.*

Hey babe! Date tonight? Can I pick you up, say, now? Doesn't matter what you're wearing, can't see in a movie theater! Where can I pick u up from?

To: Logan *.*

Sure! Uh, I'm at the starshine apartment complex.

From: Logan *.*

Okay! Actually there right now for work! Be there in a sec!

I put up my phone and, sure enough, Logan knocks on the door a minute later. I open it.

"Hey Jenna! Ready to go?" he asks.

"Yeah." I turn to the guys and Rachel. "I've got to go. See you!"

Rachel shoots me a disapproving look. I guess she doesn't like Logan. I wonder why? He pulls me out the door but not before I scan over the boys' faces. Liam is glaring at Logan. Harry is looking down, looking like he could lunge at any moment. Zayn has his fists balled. Niall's teeth are gritted and his eyes are in slits. Louis' breaks my heart. He has one emotion on his face.

Hurt.

And, for some reason, I hurt too.