Chapter 8

"You look gorgeous." I said when Rachel comes out of the room and she chuckles.

"Why do you sound surprised?" She asked and I chuckled.

"Shut up, you know I think you look gorgeous all the time." I said and she giggled.

"I'm just messing with you." She said giggling and approached and kissed my cheek softly. "You look nice." She said taking a look on me.

"Nice?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"Very handsome." She said and I half smiled.

"Better." I said and she rolled her eyes playfully.

"Are you ready for this? Or do you wanna talk?" She asked and I sighed. Today is the party, friends and more family are coming over and my dad is proposing in front of everyone. I'm nervous for him.

"I don't know, I guess I am. I had a lot of time to think about it since the I almost died incident." I said and she small smiled.

"That's good, right?" She asked. "I mean, not the part that you almost died. But that you're ready?" She asked and I chuckled. 

"Yes, it is." I said grabbing her hands and interlocking her fingers with mines and look down to her with a small smile. I meant what I said when I said she looks absolutely gorgeous, she does. The pink dress, the makeup, the hair, everything.

I don't wanna brag, but my girl is awesome!

"Stop giving me that look." She said embarrassed and I chuckled.

"Okay then, let's go downstairs." I said and we go downstairs. My dad looks so happy fixing the details to the party, that makes me smile a little.

"I think you should have a heart-to-heart with him." Rachel said whispering to me.

"You really think so?" I asked.

"Yes, Finn. This may be new to you, but that's how you work things out, with communication." She said.

"I'll do it, but just because you're usually right so taking the shot is worthy." I said and she giggled. I let go of her hand and go talk to my dad.

"Hey dad." I said with a half smile.

"Hey son!" He said sounding extra excited.

"Can I talk to you outside?" I asked him.

"Sure." He said and we went outside to the porch. "So?" He said confused and I sighed.

"You're sure right? About Eleanor? I mean, she's great, I like her, but are you sure?" I asked.

"About what exactly?" He asked.

"You know...Proposing." I said whispering. "Dad, marriage is a big deal and you know it. I mean, you've done it before. I don't want Sean to grow up like me. I mean, Lexi would be fine, she's grown enough. Liv would barely handle it. Ryan, Louis and Sean probably won't. The twins will remember vaguely about you and Sean won't remember anything. You brought me here and made me get attached to them and attach them to my girlfriend. So if you leave them, don't expect anything to with me ever again, no matter how many expensive things you buy me, I will never forgive you."

"I'm not that guy anymore, Finn. Believe me or not. What I did to you and your mom is my number one regret, I would never have cheated but I fell in love with Eleanor." He said.

"Yeah dad, I know that. But that doesn't mean you won't fall for another younger woman and have a child with her and hide from Eleanor for 4 years while you fake work trips so you can go and visit the kid." I snapped at him.