Chapter 14. When Heroes Die.

A/N: I need glue. I can't find glue. I need printer. Printer died. Need to go get glue from not-so-poundy-shop and not die. burry the printer and give it a grave stone. Hopefully not het into trouble for not sticking work in my sketch book. I'm not sure why I put these notes here but I'm gonna keep doing them anyway.

Hope you enjoy the chapter~

Rose's POV:

After Kakashi felt tat me and Sakura were competent enough with our Chakra control, he decided that we would escort Tazuna while he continued building his bridge and Naruto and Sasuke would remain in the forest to train until they could reach the top of the tree.

Sakura was sat on one o the wooden beams idling about and I was pacing up and down the bridge, fidgeting. I was bored. And I didn't like being bored. So I tried moving about, not able to keep myself still and it seemed to be grinding on Sakura's nerves.

"Would you stop that! Sit down already!" Sakura yelled at me from her seat making me stop walking and look over at her. She seemed to have a satisfied expression but I ignored her and started fidgeting again when I had and idea and walked off again.

From the corner of my eye, Sakura looked irritated again that I was moving but I paid her no mind and approached one of the workers.

"Excuse me?" I asked catching his attention.

"Yeah? What do you want?" He asked rudely but I wasn't deterred. 

"Do you need any help carrying things?" I asked and he looked taken aback before looking at me confused, looking me up and down.

"Are you sire a little girl like you can help any? All there is for you to do is carry there beams and I don't think your puny arms can take that." He said teasingly but had a lighter tone than before having found that I was asking to help.

"Oh, I'm stronger that I look! I can handle it!" I said and held up my arm, flexing me muscles exaggeratedly with a grin making the workman laugh as well. I could tell he wasn't convinced though.

"Let's see now... Say, if you can hold this beam, I'll get you help! How bout' that?" He said with a mischievous smile and held out the large metal beam he had been carrying out to me with both hands. Seeing this, the other workers around the bridge looked over an I could see them laughing and smiling amongst each other, waiting to see me fail.

I wasn't offended by this since I knew I probably looked pretty weak to the average person so I just smiled and waited until they would eat their words.

I saw some of them placing bets on weather I could hold the beam for more than a minute. Gambling with their lunches instead of money since they didn't have much of that thanks to Gato.

I notice Tazuna placing a bet that I'd be able to lift it while the guys he was talking to laugher and excepted the bet, expecting to win Tazuna's lunch from him. I sent a knowing wink to Tazuna and he grinned.

I smiled up at the workman who was looking pretty pleased with himself and placed my hands on the metal beam. His smile faltered a little but he made no move to stop me and when I lifted it up easily. His smile was all but gone as he stared at me in shock.

"Where should I take this?" I asked innocently.

The workers around us went silent for a few seconds before they all started to roar with laughter! They all started handing each others lunches to each other leaving some to sulk with nothing to eat and others to happily horde a large pile of sandwiches up there shirts.

Some of  the more lucky ones came up to the workman, who had given me the beam, and gave him hard pats on the back while laughing at him and thanking him for the extra food and the not so lucky ones grumbled and sent him displeased looks before getting on with there work and trying to block out the winners merry making.