23

#ITIHIEnds23

The most unusual thing happened to me today and even at this time, I couldn't believe it myself. I forgot to set up my alarm and I overslept. How's that? And now, Joachin's already downstairs, waiting for me.

Kung di pa siya umakyat sa kwarto ko at ginising ako sa afternoon nap ko, baka hindi ako makapunta sa birthday ni Max. That boy. I already agreed to come on his birthday even though it wasn't my scene to go to bars and or to witness obscure things when under the influence of alcohol. But magkadikit na ata ang kakulitan nilang dalawa ni Joachin because paulit ulit niyang pinapaalala sa akin. Unfortunately tho, kung kalian mo kailangan talaga yung reminder, dun naman wala. Either way, I'm still coming although late.

I settled for a black dress that falls decently above my knees. It had an A-line cut on the skirt. The fabric was held by two thin straps. The neckline wasn't low to expose anything that doesn't need exposing. I paired it with a 2-inches block heels that were secured on my ankles by a leather belt.

Kinulot ko ang dulong part ng buhok, just to give it a little bit of volume. Naglagay na din ako ng simple at kaunting make-up. I even put on a slightly red lipstick. I knew how to put make-up on myself. My mother taught me how to do that. I just do it though every time there's an occasion or a special activity in school.

I picked my pursed from my bed and went downstairs. Almost automatically, Joachin's already waiting for me on our staircase. He looked at me from head to toe and the slightly rising of his lips to the right was never left unnoticed.

"I'm sorry." I said apologetically for being late and for letting him wait for a long time dahil nagayos pa ako.

He broke down in a grin when he reached for my hand and turned me around.

"You're breathtaking, baby." After he turned me around, he pulled me closer to him and kissed me on the forehead. "You're so beautiful, babe."

I let out a small chuckle and hooked my arm on his arm.

"Come on, Joachin. Max is certainly waiting for us."

Nagpaalam kami kay Manang Lita na aalis na kami. Nginitian kami niya kami at hinatid sa gate namin. Joachin opened the shotgun's door for me at maingat na inalalayan papasok sa kotse.

Mabilis siyang umikot at pumasok sa driver's seat.

Kanina pa nilagay ni Joachin ang mga regalo namin kay Max. We decided to add something aside from the books we had for him. We decided to give him a leather messenger bag. I just hope he likes it though. I put on a good amount of my allowance on that. So he better likes it, right?

Joachin was such in a good mood. He was slightly bobbing his head on the car's music while driving. His hair fell softly on his forehead when he did that. One thing I really liked about his hair was that hindi siya palagamit ng wax, gel or any hair products. It was really soft when you touch it.

He's grinning while mouthing the lyrics of the song. Yung dimples tuloy niya sa cheeks niya lumalabas. Actually, he's not bad himself. Ang gwapo niya ngayong gabi. He's wearing a simple black long sleeve loose polo na nakafold yung sleeves sa elbows niya. The first two buttons were not closed that's why you can slightly see his chest. He's also wearing a silver chain on his neck, which is his only accessory.

His polo was tucked-in in a pair of beige-colored trousers. It wasn't fit nor loose, nasa tama lang. White sneakers completed the ensemble. Napakasimple ng ayos niya but his height and his built made it looked like he was a model from a teen magazine. He looked so posh and clean.

"Done checking me out?" Joachin reached for my hand na nakapatong lang sa lap ko using his free hand. Inilapit niya ito sa mga labi niya at marahang hinalikan.