she wakes you up for cuddles

Yeji quietly crept from the bathroom and into bed beside you.

She had just gotten home and she was drained. She figured it'd be easy to fall asleep tonight after the day she had, but for some reason, she was wide awake now that her head had hit the pillow.

You were a little too far across the bed. She could hear your soft breaths. She could see the continuous rise and fall of your chest, and she wanted nothing more than to hold you in her arms.

She debated on waking you up. It's after three am and you must be tired from your own day. But the chances of her falling asleep now, when she was lacking the one thing she needed most, was impossible.

She needed you.

She needed your arms. She needed to feel the warmth of your skin and the beat of your heart under her shirt you had thrown on before you went to bed.

She hesitantly moved closer to you. Her hand hovered over your back for a moment until she softly shook your shoulder and shook you awake.

"Hm? Yeji?" You murmured and turned your head to see her face.

"Yeah, it's me. Sorry I woke you."

You shook your head and turned over on your back. A yawn left your lips as you ran your hands over your face. "It's okay. I don't mind. Do you need anything?"

She nodded, cracking a small smile as she kissed your cheek. You were thankful there wasn't much light in the room other than the moonlight, because your cheeks were turning red and your sleepy smile was growing.

"I need cuddles," Yeji whined as she laid her head on your shoulder.

"Why didn't you just say so, silly? You didn't even have to wake me, baby. I'm always happy to cuddle with my girl!"

Yeji giggled adorably and snuggled up to you. With her head on your chest, she could hear the beat of your heart, and as you brushed your fingers through her hair she felt like she had everything she needed to fall asleep.

"Better?"

She nodded, quickly kissing your cheek again, causing a smile to cross your face as your head fell back to your pillow.

"Everything is perfect now. Goodnight, y/n. I love you."

"Night, Yeji. I love you too." You mumbled, falling back asleep, but this time with her in your arms.

This way, you would both get a good night's sleep.