Crown Wars- first story

This is some lore I'm working on for my discord server. This is only a random part of it, since I want feedback on the quality of this! Have fun reading, and after your done, leave some feedback! ( ◞・౪・)

Below is a transcription of the years before, during, and after the Gemini War, considered to be one of Zenos's bloodiest race, or " Crown", wars. However, these passages were probably doctored or created as Elfen propaganda. Be forewarned.

Telluran, Northern Varo, 1664

Lady Mediul sat at her desk, examining the papers spread out on her desk. She sipped the piping hot tea in her bone tea cup, savoring it. Most people would have spat it out the second the burning liquid dripped onto their tongue;however, since she was an Ember Elf, this just increased the tea's quality. She set the teacup down onto the delicate saucer with a clink.

She picked up one of the documents on her desk, examining the pristine, white paper. It was the recent contract for the Tera Shipment-her first ever campaign into Giant territory. A bit of pride swelled in her, and she smiled. Her father would have been proud...

A loud knock sounded at her door, and she looked away from her document. " Come in,"she yelled, resting her head in her left hand as she stared at the opening door. Standing there was her sister Siffa, nervously peering in. The girl's long,ruby-red hair flowed down to her waist, and she flicked a lock of it away from her face. Mediul had never understood why her sister kept her hair long-she much preferred a short, practical haircut. Each to their own, she guessed.

" Uhm-Mediul..."her sister started, gulping. Mediul looked up once more from her documents and examined her sister. " What?" Mediul asked her, growing irritated. " Spit it out- if you've slept with another one of the gardners, your fixing that mess yourself-"

She watched her sister's face turn pink and her sister began stuttering as Mediul rolled her eyes at her. " Now, if you don't mind," Mediul began as her eyes went once more to the documents at her desk, " leave so I may oversee important transactions that you don't have the brains to properly compute." she finished, now fully ignoring her sister.

A few moments of silence passed before she heard her sister clear her throat. " M-Mediul,"her sister began, breathing in deeply. " There's been news- from the northern plains. One of the shipments has disappeared."

Mediul's head whipped up, and she practically leapt out of her seat towards her sister. She grabbed her sister by the arms. " What do you mean, disappeared?"she asked her sister, her voice quiet as she watched the girl. Siffa winced, before continuing.

" T-the crew sent a letter a month ago. It's past their check in time-" Mediul cut Siffa off.

" So?"she asked, exasperated. It wasn't that worrying- the northern plains was practically months away from Varo-if their mages had gotten tired and they were running low on money, their letter would take a longer time to travel to them. Not to mention the frequent blizzards there.

Siffa cringed as she took out a crumpled package from her dress's folds. Mediul raised her eyebrow, and gingerly held the envelope up. Siffa looked down and shifted her feet.

" I thought you said they hadn't contacted us for a month?"Mediul asked her sister, examining the package skeptically.

Siffa gulped. " Just...look inside."she said, averting her eyes from Mediul's stern gaze. Mediul shook the package;something...heavy moved about. Her nose caught onto a faint odor-it smelled like rotting flesh. Her face turned into one of shock as she realized what was in the package. She ripped it open- and there it was. A rotting hand, with 4 fingers- and Elf hand. Their expedition had been attacked and killed off. She dropped it and gulped, sweat running down her forehead. She wiped it off.

" Siffa." she started, picking the package back up. Her sister seemed to nearly jump out of her skin as Mediul looked at her.

" Y-yes, Mediul?"her sister asked her, bowing her head as she played with her thumbs.

" Prepare an envoy. We're going to gather our men, and investigate."Mediul said matter-of-factly, grabbing her documents. " Oh, and while you're at it,"she added, '' report this to the Ministry of Defense."

And this is where it ends- for now. Did you enjoy this little story? (❁'▽'❁)*✲゚*