Oof, I'm a monster hunter PT 1

PPHi! Welcome back to this book-not like there's anyone reading this.....but nevermind that! This is the second story in this book-a fairly short one, but I hope it's good. (¤﹏¤) It's based on the below writing prompt! Have fun reading! (*⌒▽⌒*)θ~♪

Write a story about an average day turned upside down by an unexpected visitor.

   On a sunny Tuesday in the summer, Jeremy Fuller was sketching at his desk. He sighed and set his pencil down. He'd been making some fanart of Todoroki from My Hero Academia, but he couldn't quite nail the hands...he turned to stare out the window. 

   He lived on the second floor of their two story house, and had a nice view of the garden his mother planted. She owned the Flower Store on Main Street, and her talent at growing plants showed. His father always joked that she had something like a green thumb.

   On this particular day, his mother was kneeling down in her flower bed. She was planting Violets, their purple buds bright against the green grass. His mother had on a gigantic straw hat- she'd had that since he had been a boy. He remembered that the two of them used to run around the house together, pretending that she was a scarecrow. 

   He twirled his wrist around and stood up, walking towards the dresser. He picked up his phone from the dresser and plopped down on his bed, scrolling through his Snapchat. He didn't have many friends- only 4, and there relationships with him were a bit...strenuous to maintain nowadays. 

  You see, Jeremy was Schizophrenic. He'd been diagnosed at age 4, when he'd started screaming about a woman coming to get him. Now, it's normal for kids to have nightmares and imaginary friends, but Jeremy's imaginary friends were disturbing, to say the least. One of them had been a woman with her lips sewn shut, with gouged eyes. Another had been a man with 3 eyes, and claws for hands. There was a plethora of disturbing creatures she'd imagined over the years- he didn't want to have to list them all.

  No one wants to be friends with the creepy kid who saw monsters-no one, except for the people who really didn't have another choice. Which led him to his fellow social outcasts:  Bella Martinez, Lark Grace, Erum Chowdhury, and TJ Grant. There was something about the each of them that kept them from fully integrating into the tiny neighborhood.

  Jeremy clicked on Lark's profile. Apparently, he'd gone to his Grandmother's house on the weekend-lucky. Because the world had decided to commit a slow death from gigantic monster hornets, respiratory diseases, incompetent authority figures, and looting, he hadn't gone anywhere for 2 months. 

   Jeremy stretched his arms over his head and threw his phone onto his desk. Score , he thought as he leaned back on his bed. He sighed. This was turning out to be a long day.

  Surprisingly, being stuck inside all the time was boring, even for an introvert like him.  He'd gone through almost all of his hobbies- sleeping, eating, sketching, and more sleeping. He'd even done some math problems to pass the time-yes, math.  He was pretty sure he was going stir-crazy.

  A sudden clink at his window shook him out of his thoughts and towards the window. It sounded like a pebble had been thrown at his window. He walked over to it, and set his hand on the window pane. Opening it, he poked his head out and scanned the yard. Nothing. There was no one there, besides his mother. 

  He quickly shut the window and poured some hand sanitizer on his hands. Maybe he'd just imagined that? Another noise cam from outside the window-this time sounding as if a hand was trying to unlock it from the outside. He frowned. Had he taken his pills this morning? He thought he had....

  Suddenly, the window behind him shattered. He whirled around, and there was a disembodied hand just...floating there. He began to yell bloody murder as he stumbled backwards. CALM DOWN,  the rational part of his brain shrieked. He knew it was just a hallucination. Nevertheless, it was fucking terrifying.

  He breathed in, and then out. It's not real,  he thought as he stumbled up, his bare feet getting cut on the sharp glass. He hissed, tears of pain gathering in his eyes. Yep, he'd definitely forgotten to take his meds this morning.. Blood dripped off of his feet. 

  Is this just an hallucination? he thought as he hopped around on his feet, trying to ignore the pain and the blood. This could count as an Visual Hallucination and a Tactile Hallucination. The blood was starting to stain his rug, he noticed, trying to calm himself down. 

  The hand just..stayed on the windowsill. Jeremy began to slowly walk out of the room, before he hit something. He turned around, a relieved smile on his face. Thank god, it's dad- he thought, before his eyes widened in shock and he took a few steps back. It was not his dad.

   Instead, it was a 7 feet tall giant of a man, with decaying flesh peeling off of his face. His left hand was missing. Jeremy looked towards the hand perched on the windowsill. Was that his?

   The hand lurched towards them. Jeremy screeched like a child and ducked towards the floor-and landed on the glass. RIP.

   The glass cut into his hand and knees, drawing blood. He started panicking. His doctor had told him that his hallucinations could make it seem like he was getting hurt, but it wasn't really happening. Did he just wait this one out? 

  The hand re-attached itself to the decaying flesh man, and he made a clicking sound with his tongue. " Mortimer,"he told his hand, looking down at Jeremy, " what have I told you about destroying Keeper's houses? This is the 5th house you've done so far!" 

   His brain whirled. 5th house? Keeper? This was one crazy hallucination. The man held his hand out to Jeremy. " So sorry about this Sir."he stated, grabbing Jeremy and putting him back on his feet. Jeremy looked at him, and took in a deep breath.

   " This is the strangest hallucination I've ever had." he said, giving a breathless chuckle. The man cocked his head. 

   " A hallucination? What do you mean?"he asked Jeremy. He cracked a smile at the giant man. 

   " You know, like a illusion. Something you see that isn't real."he replied. The man's forehead wrinkled, and he cocked his head. 

    " So...I'm not real?"he asked, and looked down at himself. His face was panicked, and he began whimpering. " I'm not real-I'm fake- oh no.."he muttered under his breath. Jeremy sighed, and patted the man's arm. Great, he was comforting an hallucination...this was a whole new level of crazy.

   Suddenly, the air began to shimmer, and the outline of a figure appeared. Jeremy very much wanted to die, right there and then. The hallucination was still going on, huh? A woman appeared, with short red hair and pale skin. Hot, he thought. The only time a girl who he wasn't related to was in his bedroom and it wasn't even real. Could I get an F in the chat?

   The hot woman-well, more like girl, she looked around 16-grabbed the Zombie Giant ( the king of nicknames right here) and made a clicked sound with her tongue. " Marcus, keep Mortimer under control! You just broke into a Keeper's house! The Council will have my ass for this!"she said, then turned to Jeremy and gave him a comforting smile. " Sorry about him."she stated, and held out her hand for Jeremy to shake. " This is the 5th time this week this has happened."she said as Jeremy shook it, and let out a small laugh. 

   Wow, and now there's lore. I should write a goddamn book about this,he thought as he nodded. It was at this moment that the monster whimpered and grabbed the woman's wrist. " Am I fake, Mistress Leslie?" The woman-Leslie, wrinkled her nose and shook her head. " No,"she said, " No you aren't. Why?"

  The monster whined. " But he told me I was fake!"he said, and pointed at Jeremy. Leslie's eyebrows raised, and she turned to him, confused. 

  " But...aren't you a Keeper?"she asked him, crossing her arms. Jeremy shrugged. 

  " The hell's a Keeper?" he asked, playing along, knowing that soon, the hallucination would be all over.

Anddddd this is where I'm going to end it! Sorry for not updating on Friday, I had family issues to work through ;w;. I'll try to be more active, though! (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑ Remember, give me some feedback on how to improve the chapter, some comments, and...maybe some votes? *intense staring* Have a nice day y'all! qwq BTW None of the art in this book is mines- I either get it on the internet or I make a picrew.