00

A/N: this story is a continuation of Book 1 (found on my profile @veronicasoli and titled "the boy who read minds"). This story will not make sense if you haven't read the first story so please go ahead and read that first :)

 This story will not make sense if you haven't read the first story so please go ahead and read that first :)

This first chapter is here in order to avoid spoilers to new readers. If you're a new reader, please go read the first book (which is completed) before this one! Caroline Vesper only has one chapter and it's this one! The remainder of the chapters include the main characters from book 1. (book 1 has been revised and published and is different from the one found on Wattpad, links in my bio!) Also please vote, comment, share, and follow me!

The series includes:
1. The Boy Who Read Minds (completed!)

2. The Boy Who Solved Crimes

2.5 Bailey's Story (Butterflies of Gold)

3. Joseph's Story (An Era Away)

3.5 Anya (Tyler's Story)

***

Caroline Vesper

My eyes, my eyes hurt from all the crying I had done last night.

But it's a new day, a new opportunity to feel better about myself and all the bad things I've done. I don't want to think about it anymore.

I sit up in bed, making sure to avoid my phone. I'm afraid, afraid of the text messages that might've been sent overnight. It makes me anxious, stressed.

I take a few moments just sitting in the cozy bed before finally getting up to brush my teeth. I wanted to badly to just go back to sleep until dinner time, but I couldn't.

It would be my second week at my new high school. I genuinely wasn't sure how to feel about it. I had issues with people I didn't even know yet. The minute they met me, they decided they disliked me.

And for what?

I've always been one to please. But lately, I've been trying to approve of myself and love myself. It makes me sad and stressed, not being able to talk about it to anyone. I'm afraid they'll judge me for being a bad person.

But a lot can happen in 2 weeks.

***

I guess it was routine by now. Wake up, get dressed, go to school, go home, and do your homework, sleep. Then repeat that all again. It made life seem so short when there were so few new experiences that were to be vividly remembered.

I wouldn't call myself strong or independent, quite literally the opposite. But I wish I was.

"Talia, hellooo..." a girl I had met on the first day stood beside me, waving her hand over my face. I looked to meet her gaze as she gave me a confused look.

"What?" I asked. I didn't mean to sound harsh, I was just lost in thought before she jolted me out.

"I was going to say, Mr. Clyde's quiz is tomorrow, how are you planning on studying?" Ah, this question.

At my old school, I think people only befriended me for my brain. They wanted advice on how to study, how to get good grades, how to succeed. Meanwhile, I thought they wanted genuine friendships. Fake, they were all fake.

So when mama and papa decided they wanted to spontaneously move, I was basically already packed and ready.

"I'm just making flashcards," I said, trying to brush her off as quickly as I could. I wanted today to be over with.

"Oh! That's a really smart idea!" She said. I expected her to walk away, but she still stood there, clinging onto our nonexistent friendship. "Have you gotten breakfast yet?"

"No."

"Let's go get breakfast." She said as I watched her cat-like green eyes smile at me. Her red hair was styled so fashionably as the flowers she'd placed matched her dress. She looked like she'd spent hours getting ready.

"I'm not really hungry." I said, "I think I'm just going to go to the library."

Her smile faltered, but only for a moment, as she politely smiled and headed toward the cafeteria.

I stood in the hallway entrance to the school, afraid to enter and regretting not going in with Misty.

Quietly, I took a few deep breaths and headed toward the doors that forked to the library and cafeteria.

"Vesper!" A voice called from behind me. I knew of only one person who called me by my last name and it intimidated me to know that he and I were alone in the hallway. I pretended that I hadn't heard him and rushed toward the doors, it would take only 10 more steps for me to be in public view and away from his presence. I'd rather be scrutinized by the idiots at my school than by him.

"Wait up Vesper!" I heard footsteps getting closer as my heart started to race. As soon as my hand reached the door-handle, I felt a hand lace on top of mine. Then I was lost, in the deep brown eyes of my captor.

"What?" I asked, glaring at him, attempting to hold back the butterflies in my stomach. It bothered me that he affected me like this, I couldn't control my feelings though.

"You were really about to ditch me like that?" He raised an eyebrow, his shiny teeth smirking at me.

"What do you want?" I exclaimed, still noticing his hand overlapping mine on the door handle.

"To talk." He smirked, his other hand placed on my shoulder.

"If I wanted to talk, I would've contacted you," I said, knowing my cheeks were turning bright red. I pushed down on the door-handle, a few people turning to look at us. Then suddenly, the majority of the cafeteria members had turned their heads our way.

"Well, it's been a week and I haven't heard a word from you." He blocked my path as people continued to stare. I knew I shouldn't care what they thought, but I knew that more rumors would spring up about me.

"What do you want me to say, Luke?" I hissed, under my breath, as his fingers wrapped around my wrist. "Please don't touch me." He removed his hand and I released a breath that I hadn't realized I was holding.

"Tell me why you left?"

Ask and you shall receive! This story is a continuation of Book 1 and it does have Aaron as the main character so if you'd like to find out more about him, check out "The Boy Who Read Minds" on my profile!

This chapter is here in order to avoid spoilers to new readers. If you're a new reader, please go read the first book (which is completed) before this one!

PLEASE READ THIS AUTHORS NOTE: this story will not make any sense unless you read the first one and it has all the spoilers of the first book. Please be sure to read the first book before this one.

Will Aaron be in this book?
Yes Aaron is definitely in the book!! Starting next chapter actually, and so is Violet of course.

This chapter is dedicated to @bluest-bird for her comment on Book 1!

Cover above was created by @rosc-pctal