22: Vigilance

Tyler

"Tyler!" Anya squealed, running out of my four-million dollar mansion and jumping me, kissing every spot she could get her mouth on. I was taken aback, my wound throbbing, but I didn't mind the pain. I was just happy to see her again.

"I missed you!" I responded, kissing her everywhere. She smiled against my mouth, "how was the last week?"

"Tyler! When I found out you'd gotten shot, I called Samuel immediately! He took care of..." she began, but I shook my head.

"Not that, I mean, how are you?" I kissed her again, still holding her small frame in my arms outside in the white-paved driveway leading up to the glass doors of my house.

"Lonely! Tyler you have no idea how happy I was to see you! I've been praying all week! I even called the pastor and he came and blessed our house. Gosh! Oh my gosh! I just realized, you're hurt." She unstrapped her legs from around my waist and stood in front of me instead, staring at me with delicate glass eyes and moving her fingers into my pale brown hair. Her warm fingers fluffing my long-ish hair. The top strands would reach my ears within the next month, I realized it would be a good idea to get a haircut soon.

"I'm fine," I smiled at her, my heart racing through the fabric of my new shirt.

The glasses that framed her face showered her eyes with the sunlight above, she was remarkable. I smiled at her, wishing I could capture this moment in my memory forever.

"Yeah." I cleared my throat as she watched me through curious eyes. "Actually wait, let's stand here for a second."

Anya looked at the home that she'd become so used to living in. She was so accustomed to being around me and I, her. We simply smiled at each other, soaking in the details of every change that had happened.

"Tyler, I love you." She said suddenly and my eyes widened. We'd said it to one another a dozen times before, but those three words could've been said to me a million times and my heart would jump each and every single time, "The whole week that you were gone, I was so worried about you and I thought you weren't coming back and I wished I'd told you before you left and I wanted to visit you, but you told me not to come to the hospital and..." her hands were moving as fast as her mouth.

I took a step forward and held her flailing hands in mine. I'd never been in love before, my previous two relationships were acquired when I was too young to know what love was. Now, I knew.

I knew as I reached for her hand and kissed it, I knew when my heart wouldn't stop thumping against my chest. I was in love with Anya.

"Should we head inside?" I asked. Her eyes sparkled as she held my hand and she skipped through the eight-foot tall glass doors to enter onto my white marble floors. I couldn't help but stare.

She looked absolutely mystical. Standing in the middle of the entry-way, white sparkling marbled floors beneath her delicate feet. The pure, clean, beautiful sunlight entered through giant glass windows that could fit three people vertically through them and surrounded her small frame. Her pale blue summer dress was fitted around her body as her white socks slid across the floor as smoothly as the wax of a car. Anya had hair that was so blonde, it could be considered white with a small undertone of red beneath. Her skin was illuminated by the sunlight and her smile made her glow more than I thought was possible.

"Samuel said he can stop by later today, he said he had things to talk to you about your new video game." Anya announced. Anya was the woman of my dreams, she walked with a silhouette of an angel, mystical and spectacular, carrying herself with sophistication beyond her years. It was no wonder I had to steal her off of the black market that was trying to sell her.