Chapter 1: Grand Theft Jewelry on the Trail Ablaze

It was a cool, calm and collective early summer day in the woods of the Midwest. Upon the road, driven for a rumored treasure were Sonic and Tails in a two person RV headed to a secluded campsite amongst a forest of an oak and maple variety.

   Reason for their travel was plain and simple in accordance to Tails, but to Sonic seemed rather random.

   "So like, what exactly is this supposed treasure people think is here?" Sonic questioned.

   "You know, the big statue of you, but in those Soap shoes you had!" Tails answered. "Rumor has it that somewhere deep in these woods, for some reason there's a statue that looks like that standing within."

   "Hmm... Okay. But how much do you think the owner would sell it for?" Sonic said, counting the string of gold rings in his wallet. "Oh Sonic," Tails said, rolling his eyes "we don't even know who owns it, assuming it is owned, let alone if its for sale!".

   Tails approached their exit off the interstate and from the outlet soon came across a dirt path leading to the site. After eventually finding the most isolated camp space on the grounds, Tails paid the toll to stay for the month, parked the RV and got ready for the venture.

   "Okay Sonic, here's a ring you can click to find me again or press down on to call me with," Tails told Sonic "they're like compass, walkie-talkie sort of bracelets I bought from Knuckles since he doesn't use them anymore."

   Sonic looked closely at the ring to figure it out. "So like those ones the Chaotix use?" he inquired. "Yep," Tails nodded, "I knew they'd come in handy in any chance we ever went camping." Sonic sighed. "Well, in case you need me I'll be at the pond racing skipping stones." "Alright, I'll check back with you around lunch!" Tails replied, now waving back as he went into the woods.

   And so Sonic went to do so, meanwhile Tails searched the forest, all the while referring to his data on sightings of the mythical giant Soap Shoe Sonic in an attempt to narrow down wherever the supposed statue may stand during the season. And by lunch the two were back at the site's wood picnic table with a submarine sandwich split in half and their appetite ready to be satisfied.

   "So," Said Sonic, chewing his food "what did you find?" Tails scrolled through his chart on his PDA and mobile devices. "Well, it seems as though around this time of year Soapy Sonic doesn't like to show off as much." Tails said with a giggle. Sonic raised an eyebrow. "As in..?" He asked.

   "As in it just seems as though according to my data not many sightings of the thing," Tails took a drink of water, "were ever taken during the summer." Sonic shook his head slowly. "Well, that means we can go out to the city and do some skating or whatever instead, right?" asked Sonic. Tails finished his half of the sandwich. "I said not many, as in just a few, so no, were not leaving yet. Besides, I've got this spot for the next couple of weeks." Sonic shrugged his shoulders, "Well then, I guess I'll be here for you out there." he said as he finished his lunch.

   "So where are you looking next?" Sonic asked. Tails pulled up his satellite map. "Well, I've scoped out the forest surrounding these campgrounds and still have yet to spot it, and I was wondering if you could scan the west woods while I look a bit further south." "If we'll be back at sundown, sure," Said Sonic, "but last one back has to make the chili for dinner". "Hey, no fair," said Tails, "You're faster than me!" "Yeah, but you can fly over trees. If I'm not careful I'll just end up smashing into them." Sonic replied. "Fair point there," Tails said, "Well then, let's get back out there!" he added, and so the two went back out to reengage in the search.

   Inevitably daylight ran out and the duo returned to the RV where Sonic heated the chili over the campfire, Tails grilled the hot dogs and they had chilidogs for dinner followed by some s'mores and slept under the stars in peace and quiet in the privacy of their own camper van.