The First Day

It finally arrived, the first day of school. Young girls from all over the world arrive at the Monarch Academy for Girls with smiles on their faces and hope in their hearts to start this new chapter of their lives.

Some girls will graduate and become doctors or lawyers while some others might be famous actors or artists.
But we aren't here to talk about those girls, we're here to hear about two particular girls who, even if they didn't know it yet, would grow to have a precious, pure and unique bond.

_______________________________________

As the doors of the academy opened freshmen students explored the institution imagining the next four years at the school.

Although some aren't as excited as others.

-Are you sure I have to go? -????

-Honey, we talked about it, I can't take care of you and I'm not gonna leave you alone-????

-I'll miss you

-I'll miss you more Charlotte, don't forget to call me when you get to your room

-I won't, bye mom

As her mom drove off Charlotte couldn't help but ask herself what she had done to be forced to attend a boarding school.

Accepting that there was no going back now Charlotte tried to find the auditorium where freshman orientation was about to start.

As soon as she walked into the building only one word could come to her mind: fancy. She couldn't believe she was going to spend the next 4 years walking around those wide hallways.

-Ugh, this place is huge, I'm never gonna find the auditorium! - She thought right before seeing someone looking just as lost as she did.

-Hey, do you know where the auditorium is? -she asked

-I was just trying to find it too, we can go together! -said Charlotte

-Oh cool, I'm Kayla by the way

-Charlotte, nice to meet you

The girls wandered around the school until they finally found the auditorium, the ceremony had already started so they sat in the back row and listened to what was left of Principal Robinson's welcome speech.

-I hope you have a wonderful first day, outside the door you will find a paper saying what room you were assigned, please silently walk out and remember, if you are interested in any sports open tryouts will be held this week.

Charlotte and Kayla walked over to the paper and tried to find their names.

-Let's see...

Charlotte's finger slid down the list of A's in until she finally found it. "Charlotte Abrams | Room 67"

-I got room 67- She told her friend

-No way I got that one too! -replied Kayla while raising her hand for a high five.

The girls walked over to the dorm building and tried to find their room but 20 minutes into counting numbers room 67 was nowhere to be found.

-Excuse me, do you know where room 67 is? - Charlotte asked

-Oh yeah! It's right next to my friend's room, come I'll show you-????

The three girls walked up a staircase and down a hall until they finally stood in front of an elegant brown door where the number '67' stood in gold metal pieces.

-Thank you so much... - Said Kayla

-Sahra, and you're welcome--She said as she ran down the hall where a blonde-haired girl was unpacking what seemed dozens of books.
_______________________________________

The girls opened the door to find a room with two single beds, two desks, and two closets. After each of them called home to assure their families they made to their rooms they started unpacking while chatting and commenting about what each of them had brought in their suitcases.

-Seriously, you still have teddy bears? - Asked Kayla while laughing at what seemed like a childish thing to own

-Hey let me be, I didn't comment on those superhero comics, what are you, 12?- She said with a mocking voice as her roommate rolled her eyes

Both girls started laughing
and continued unpacking for a few hours until something disrupted their focus.

-Hello girls, I'm Miss Jenkins, I'll be your guidance counselor so if you have anything you want to talk about don't hesitate to come by my office, I just came by to tell you lunch is being served in the dining room.

-Thanks Miss Jenkins, we'll be sure to find you if we need your guidance- Said Charlotte while both of the girls laughed under their breaths.

The girls quickly left what they were doing and left.

-I'm starving- Said Kayla -I haven't eaten all day!

-I'm not that hungry but I didn't want to stay in the room alone- Charlotte added

-So can I eat your food? - Kayla asked

-Sure, just don't eat too much or I'll have to roll you back -She laughed

_______________________________________

As the day came to an end the girls put on their pajamas and sat on their beds while getting to know each other.

-Where are you from? - asked Kayla

-London, you? - Charlotte replied

-Wow that's so cool, I'm from Melbourne

-That's so much cooler! Ok, my turn, how old are you?

-14, you?

-I'm 14 too!

The girls kept on chatting until they heard a knock on the door

-Lights out! - Said a mature voice coming from the hallway

The girls turned off the lights and kept chatting until they fell asleep.

_______________________________________