Secret Santa

There were less than two weeks left of school until the Christmas break and the teachers had organized a secret Santa between the students, the principal wrote all the students' names on a piece of paper handed a bag full of names for each teacher to hand in at the end of the day.

Charlotte and Sahra were in math class together, it was the last class of the day which meant the teacher started calling the students to pick a random name from the bag for the secret Santa. Sahra's name was called around the beginning and Charlotte's name was called the last. As soon as they got out of class all the girls in the school started gossiping about who's name they had picked.

- Who did you get? Asked Sahra as they walked over to their lockers

- Daniella- She said

- I can help you find a present for her, anything related to soccer will do- Sahra said

- Thanks, who did you get?- Asked Charlotte with intrigue 

- Lola, she's a cheerleader but we don't talk much so I don't know what to get her

- I'll help you, we'll figure out a generic gift she's gonna love

_______________________________________

Sahra and Charlotte went to the mall to try to find presents, they went through all the sports stores to find something decent for Daniella and they finally decided to settle for a sporty hair band and a small stress ball that looked like a soccer ball. As for Sahra, they looked around the stores all girls at their school shopped at to try to find something cheap but still decent to get her and they settled for a pair of earrings and a matching necklace with "Lola" written on it.

Through the weeks Sahra dropped hints in Lola's changing room locker, normal locker, dorm room and through her friends such as "I'm a sophmore" or "I have curly hair" but Lola still didn't seem to know who her secret Santa was when the weeks had passed and the day to give the presents finally came.

On the other hand Daniella figured it out preey fast since, after Charlotte left a note in her dorm door saying "I like bows", it was clear it could only be her.

Sahra walked up to Lola and as she handed her the earrings and necklace she said "Merry Christmas, I'm your secret Santa" Lola looked shocked and happy at the same time, she grabbed the bag with the presents and opened them in front of all the other cheerleaders.

- I love it, thank you- She said before shortly hugging Sahra

-You're welcome - Sahra replied

It was now Charlotte's turn to give the presents so she walked over to Daniella and gave her the presents, since she already knew it has her there was no announcement needed apart from a sweet "Merry Christmas" coming from Charlotte.

Daniella opened the presents in front of the football team and shortly hugged Charlotte.

-Thank you so much!- She said

-No problem- Charlotte replied

Soon enough it was time for Charlotte and Sahra to receive their gifts, they had also been receiving notes giving them hints but they still couldn't figure out who was their secret Santa.

During lunchtime a dark haired girl with big green eyes came over to Charlotte's table holding a present tied with a blue ribbon.

-Merry Christmas, I'm your secret Santa- The girl said handing her the present

Charlotte opened it gently and as the wrapping fell she could see a plain shoebox with the words "open me" written on it, she followed the instructions and found a hair bow collection by a very fancy and expensive brand.

- You didn't have to do this, it's too much!- Charlotte said

- It's nothing -the girl said smiling down at Charlotte

As she finished her lunch Charlotte daydreamed about wearing one of those bows to the winter formal.

Finally, It was Sarah's turn to receiveher gift, as she read under a tree an older girl approached her, she looked around the age of seventeen so she must have been a senior.

The girl sat next to Sahra and placed a small box on her hands with a red ribbon tied around it.

-Happy holidays, I'm your secret Santa- The girl said

Sahra smiled and proceeded to open the box, inside she found a vintage letter writing kit which included a feather pen with ink that she immediately loved.

- Thank you so much, this is great- Sahra said as she closed the box and stored it in her backpack

- Glad you like it, see you around- The girl said as she waves her hand and left

Sahra and Charlotte videocalled later that day to talk about their presents. Sahra showed off a letter she wrote with the kit and Charlotte modeled the bows one by one and commented every little detail about them.
_______________________________________