Chapter nineteen: "Sometimes you have to change your perspective."

"Let's go now." My weight shifted a little to the side as Nix yanked my arm. Immediately, Mademoiselle Picket's eyes snapped on to us. We both froze on the spot like a deer caught in the headlights.

"What are you missys planning?" We innocently looked at up her. Just as she opened her mouth to bark something at us, Lisa interjected. I shot a grateful look towards her though she didn't see me.

"Ms Picket?" Mademoiselle Picket turned towards her and glared at her through her frames.

"What?" She snapped again and eyed Lisa the way a snake does before pouncing on its meal. It could've been the awkward lighting in the call center but Lisa's face looked as white as the moonlight.

"Um, H-Head Agent H-Hernandez has requested your presence in his office. Just yours." She looked nervously between the two of us and Mademoiselle Picket. I sighed in relief. Sometimes timing was truly perfect. I know Adams and Hues had warned Mademoiselle Picket to keep an eye on us incase we were continuing our research-which we were and by the way Mademoiselle Picket had locked eyes with me, knowing exactly my intentions, she seemed hesitant to go. When Lisa insisted again and mentioned a free lunch, Mademoiselle Picket immediately got up and followed her out the door though she did turn back around and glare at us.

"Come on, let's go find the library and do this thing." I mumbled and we both got up and exited the call center.

Outside, we walked on the shiny marble floors, our footsteps echoing loudly in the silence. I remember Hernandez mentioning that the library was on the first floor so it must be here somewhere.

We continued walking down the hall, passing by gray colored doors, mostly likely offices belonging to agents and meeting rooms. We passed the big front desk where instead of Lisa, a man probably in his late forties, judging by his graying hair and the slight sags in his cheeks was sitting. Perhaps she had gone on her lunch break as well.

We turned right into the corridor and at the end I could spot a clear, glass door and see a bunch of shelves with different colors of books sitting on them.

"Found it." I said and pointed at it.

We pushed the handle down and entered the space.

Dark, Oak bookshelves lined the the gray bricked walls. The book covers varied from new to old with rips and tears on their bindings. Dust lined the shelves as if they weren't used much. Most people did research on their devices these days.

In the center of the arched ceiling, a large, old chandelier hung, illuminating the dark and gloomy room. Right beneath the chandelier, there was a large round table and around eight computers sitting on them, waiting to be used. As we ventured in, there was a bay window towards the left. With the blinds drawn half way, a little light was able to escape through the bottom half and light the red couches a few feet from the window.

We set our bags on the ground and each grabbed a computer, selecting the option 'GUEST' to sign in. Back in New York, we didn't have a proper library at Secretum. The one we had was small and since there were so many agents and agents in training, the space would always be cooped up. There was a library right outside of Secretum where most of us went if we needed some quiet space but the databases didn't hold much or if any information regarding cases conducted at Secreutm. That made sense though, the data was supposed to be private and it would be concerning if it was available to the public.

Over here however, we had databases available to get our research done. The agents sometimes need to use computers to conduct their research so they have access to more information than the students. Since there weren't any students here, they wouldn't need to hide data from them. When I logged in, I was able to find Secretum's data bases containing the data we needed-not all of it. There was some that were hidden but for now, we would use what we needed. We both decided to use a VPN in order to hide our activity.